Esping in 1:64 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

My thanks to @Jimsky and @Uwek for the confirmation on the size of the oar guides - I was fully prepared to make them smaller, but with your guidance I'll leave them as is. Much appreciated!

I have been adding some of the final components of the esping. Here is a photo essay showing some of the progress.

First, I fabricated and mounted the leeboards. On the port side (shown in its working position)...

View attachment 345652

And now on the starboard (shown in a stowed position)...

View attachment 345656

Here is the rigging on the inboard side:

View attachment 345651

Next, an anchor:

View attachment 345650

And a rudder with control arm:

View attachment 345653

View attachment 345654

View attachment 345655

Finally, I have been making a stand for the boat that will double as a holder for an engraved nameplate (recall this little boat will be displayed in the case alongside the mother ship):

View attachment 345657

View attachment 345658

The height of the stand will put the boat at the waterline of the ship.

View attachment 345659

I have a few more small details to add, and I also need to sand several more oars into shape... Getting close now.

Thanks for visiting!
Good Morning Paul- Wow! Cheers Grant

14 gramms of beautiful workmanship - my Congratulations for finishing this amazing little model.
I like the idea to bring with the stand the esping on the same (water) level with your big one.

May I ask two questions, maybe already somewhere answered or discussed, but unfortunately I can not find these information.

the boat has on the sides these swords, which can be swinged out of or into the water

On one side you have two ropes for both directions, maybe better to fix the sword in poistion when it is in the water, mainly by the own weight it will hang down
IMG_9076.JPG

othe other sword has only one of these ropes - Is there a special reason why this asymetrie
IMG_9056.JPG

The second question (yellow arrow):
This boat has a flat bottom, so it can lay by tide on the ground without tilting
But I am surprised, why the stem or forefoot is much lower than the bottom of the boat - definitely you can not move the boat backwards laying in the mud
What is the reason, of such a special form

Back