French cutter Le Cerf (1779-1780) - Scratch build 1:48 or just a DEER...

Congratulations on one year on YouTube! I’ve watched all the episodes and enjoyed every one of them. Thanks for sharing your modeling work with us!

-George

I like the appearance of your timber with very small and light nailing on the deck very much - and the strionger contrast of the nailing with the hull planking
This is getting a real high quality model :cool:

I've always really liked Coureur. Four ships on the slipway at the moment then it might have to be Coureur next!

I also chose between these two ships, a luger and a cutter, and in the end I chose Le Cerf - because it has a relatively small hull with a huge sail area.
I can fully understand you - it is hard to decided between these two ships have both very attractive details and overall appearance

Left the Le Cerf and on the right the Le Coureur (boith models based on monographs from Jean Boudriot published by ancre)

monographie-du-cerf-cotre-1778.jpg monographie-du-coureur-lougre-1776 (1).jpg

Sorry for high-jack your log, but I wanted to make some advertisement´for these kind of ships

I can fully understand you - it is hard to decided between these two ships have both very attractive details and overall appearance

Left the Le Cerf and on the right the Le Coureur (boith models based on monographs from Jean Boudriot published by ancre)

View attachment 254402 View attachment 254403

Sorry for high-jack your log, but I wanted to make some advertisement´for these kind of ships
It would seem that small hulls and keel would require a significant amount of ballast with a large sail area as too much heel is not favorable for windward work. Just a thought as I also like the LeSerf more. Have fund with that. Rich (PT-2)

I came to this machine after 10 Years of experience with similar tools and I can confidently say that though other manufacturers’ products were suitable for one or other type of work, the Byrnes table saw can do everything you need it to do. I have been using it for two years now and would like to show you its capabilities...

The Le Cerf, this will really be an excellent model.
In this regard, I would like to mention that your videos are an inspiration and great help with many practical tips. Also, they are very professionally done, as well as your models.

Back