New kit Full rib Bluenose finished product - 全肋骨蓝鼻号成品

@Canoe21 Dear Lawrence. Thank you very much for your beautiful and positive comments. I fully agree with you on a kit POF build as opposed to a scratch-build. As a matter of fact, that was what first drew my attention to this kit as there are relatively few POF kits available. I couldn't agree more with you on the issue of the stern. However, I first needed to get the issues of copyright and licensing agreements in place. I just believe that building a 100% legitimate model adds to the pride of ownership.

There are still a few other issues that I need clarification on. I don't want prospective buyers to go through the same rigmarole of purchasing difficulties, payment platforms and the like as we have seen evidence of on the forum. Then of course there is the question of availability and continued support / back-up from the manufacturer. With all of this out of the way, I can turn my full attention to the kit and the alterations that need to be made.

@DonRobinson Thank you Don. Nineteen years of training sales people in business ethics has left an indelible mark on me. I know what needs to be done and all I'm doing is to follow proper business principles and ethics. I do believe this is a special kit, but that in itself does not mean anything unless the whole buying and ownership experience is one in which the customer feels valued and appreciated. That alone will ensure enduring success for all concerned - manufacturer and buyer.

The second point was of much greater concern to me. And here I have to give a very big hats off and thank you to @Dave Stevens who has taken it upon himself to find out all the nuts and bolts in this regard.

thank you for the kind remark

however i do want to make it clear i am only 1 person of over a team of 30 some dedicated people working on advanced 3D modeling and fabrication of models for the hobby. We also drive deep into concerns of copyrights and marketing to make sure everything is legit and up right. We have connections with many facets of model ship building and continue working on the advancement of the hobby. So with that, i extend this "thank you" to all the team members and the extended connections.

TO ALL A WONDERFUL OUTCOME, THIS JUST REINFORCES MY OPION AND ONLY MINE ABOUT COPYRIGHTS, IF EXPERTS SUCH AS DAVE MIKE SHANKS CAN HAVE PROBLEMS DETERMINIG WHAT IS CORRECT OR NOT, HOW ARE THE MAJORITY GOING TO DETERMINE THIS, MY THOUGHTS ONLY. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

we talk to all the people involved we go back and forth with designers, kit manufactures, museums anyone and everyone involved in the process of brings something to market. It is the consensus of the people directly involved so a solution can be arrived at that benefits everyone. Going on a banning rampage of companies, products and people solves nothing, working together does solve problems. The entire copyright issue is so iffy and it can go in any direction we narrow it all down and focus on the product and people directly involved. Regardless of the big picture if everyone within a project comes to the table and we hash out a solution we can move forward. We are an independent group and are not in any way shape or form associated with any organization or forum, it is for the sake of everyone.

enough! lets carry on with this new kit gods speed Heinrich

As a complete outsider to POF but steadfast to quality Bluenose end products I would venture that this method appears to have advantages that I anticipate overcome some problems with the long tapered, non-level Bluenose keel and frames. The MS2130 kit instructions at the preparation and planking phase take the builder in the direction of turning the hull over for the planking so up-side-down is not foreign to Bluenose builds. The builder may do it or not depending upon the type of keel clamp that is being used but even on beam-end position the full rotated hull makes that lower planking much easier. Seems like an excellent option for the builder to do it inverted. Just my thoughts. PT-2 (Rich)

Oh yes, thanks for the link to Han to follow in the other parts.
I have realized that the upside down construction showed a level keel and perpendicular frames. Upon reflection Bluenose would have a challenge that way as the keel is not level and the frames need to be at an angle to that and the curved deck. A build board/jig for those conditions could be a challenge. See the attached two plan photos for the bulkhead kit but the frames would be in the same orientation to deck and keel. PT-2Bluenose Bulkheads Fore.jpgBluenose Bulkheads Aft.jpgPerhaps an experienced builder could do that or a jig included in the kit. PT-2

Good morning all from Nantong, China. This is just a wonderful input from you all and I am humbled to see the reaction that this kit has elicited. @PT-2 Interesting and valid observations, Rich. Let us see how YUANQING approaches this when I have the kit. At this stage I have no idea ...:)

Good morning all from Nantong, China. This is just a wonderful input from you all and I am humbled to see the reaction that this kit has elicited. @PT-2 Interesting and valid observations, Rich. Let us see how YUANQING approaches this when I have the kit. At this stage I have no idea ...:)
I admire your dedication to this single kit/project as well as the vast amounts of experience and information that you bring to us. PT-2 (Rich)

To change the subject for a moment.
I see that you are updating your model kits. Will you rerelease a updated HMS BELLONA in the near future ??
Thank you
I hope that the kit has a better correlation between the plans and laser cut parts, if any, as I am having definite problems with conflicting results in trying to set my belts and planking lines in the MS2130 kit as the scantling lines do not correspond well for a number of the bulkheads which would be frames, with that is the laser cut piece. After fighting this over and over for several days, I think that I will just have to start up at the railings and work downward. I wanted to have those first two or three, including the accent cove and scuppers in place before setting the three intermediate faux stations between the bulkhead cut pieces. A fully framed schooner is looking better and better all the time as long as there is correct corresponding data between the various guiding plans and parts. Learning as I go in my first actual planking build. Canoe strippers don't count as each strip simply lays on the predecessor until we begin to close the bottom. I will probably be carrying over the lesson of not only tapering the plank but also beveling eh edges for well mated sides.
Any suggestions for my present layout and planking needs are greatly appreciated. I need to get eight planks into each belt with the corresponding widths as things narrow. PT-2 (RIch)

@PT-2 Rich do you have a build log with photographs? It is so much easier to visualize what you mean if one can see exactly what you are referring to. There is such a wealth of experience on this forum that I am sure someone can give you the right advice.

Dear All

Further to all the comments and questions about the build method of the Bluenose, I can tell you that construction will indeed be via a kit-supplied building jig. Okay

Further good news is that the sample kit for the review is on its way to me. :D

Back