New kit Full rib Bluenose finished product - 全肋骨蓝鼻号成品

Heinrich,
its the haters from the other forum causing issues with most Chinese kits, regardless of copyright.
Thank goodness things are turning around now and Chinese kits are very popular.
Listening from on the pier it seems that with English printed translated plans and instructions this kit will be in even greater demand, although probably from a small crew, as more are interested in the square sail/rigged historical ships. I just happen to be attached to the fishing/racing schooner but will be doing mine in the fishing rig and not the racing that made it so famous in Canada where there will likely be more interest. I will definitely be "tricking up" the MS 2130 kit, starting with the long line dories which are quite lacking in what was on board when over the side (for at least the top one in the stack). Just my thoughts. PT-2

This is the point that I was trying to make about scale. If we look at the last European Naviga C1 Results of Burgas, we can see it was dominated by builders choosing 1:70 and 1:78 models. In fact, Evgeniy Yepur's winning model was 1:100!

Clear proof in my mind that 1:72 is fully workable.

View attachment 188393
Hallo Heinrich,
The result is showing something different.
C1 is scratch build sailing ships and not kit builds - this would be class C8 for kits.
and you can see, that the Ukrainian and bulgarian modeling clubs like the smaller scales
If the Championship would be in France, less ukranian and russian modelers would participate, but more from other countries - and than the most used scale in C1 would be 1:48......
But you are right - 1:72 is fully workable !!

Attachments

• Rules-C-2017-GB.pdf
    284.6 KB · Views: 17
I am not normally a fan of scales this small, however, in this case I would change my thoughts. This looks like a very doable kit and as a Canadian I would be proud to have her on my shelf. I'll be patiently awaiting @Heinrich's review of the kit when he receives it Thanks for all your work and time related to this project Heinrich

@DonRobinson

@donfarr

To the two Dons :D Thank you very much gentlemen. Your words are sincerely appreciated because it does take a lot of time. This whole venture was not planned - it just happened. I have the Haarlem and Leudo to finish and then there are two other builds (one a scratch build - and we all know how much time and research that takes) waiting in the wings. Now everything is placed on hold while I'm trying to get this off the ground. But hell, we can all do something spontaneous when we want to ...ROTF

To change the subject for a moment.
I see that you are updating your model kits. Will you rerelease a updated HMS BELLONA in the near future ??
Thank you
Early on there was a request for comments about the completed model/kit. Two items come to mind: First the Bluenose on the transom is not correct as documented by historical photos of the stern bearing both the Masonic Square and Compass emblem and the IOOF three link chain.
Secondly, and may be a visual problem with the color photos of the completed model, which I suppose reflect the builders choice, seem to show the booms, bowsprit, and possibly the upper masts' portions in red. While there are only black and white photos of the actual Bluenose, none of those appear to be anything other than a natural wood finish and not a darker color/tone which I think would show up in the photos. Color is a builders choice and I recommend that be stated and not an impression that what I see is historically documented. The transom name location and style are definitely incorrect and I recommend correction. Otherwise it appears to be a schooner model that the builder can have a good time in spending and later display. PT-2

Dear All : LEGITIMACY:

Unbeknown to most, I have embarked on quite a mission to find out what would constitute a "legal" model in terms of copyright issues. This had to be addressed on two fronts:

1. Whether there is any ling between the YUANQING model and another existing model;
2. Whether the YUANQING model would be in breach of the Bluenose Company - not in terms of copyright - but in terms of a licensing agreement.

The first point was easy to obtain clarity on. There are no other POF kits of Bluenose in existence.

The second point was of much greater concern to me. And here I have to give a very big hats off and thank you to @Dave Stevens who has taken it upon himself to find out all the nuts and bolts in this regard. Here is the reply that Dave received from Janet MacIsaac -Senior Shore Crew Associate of the Bluenose company who operates Bluenose II. Also a big thanks to @zoly99sask who has forwarded me Dave's reply.

Good Morning, David.

There aren't any copyright laws for replica Bluenose models or kits, there are several companies producing and selling them. Most of these models are not exactly accurate, they tend to mass-produce one schooner design and change the nameplate - the distinctive features of the actual Bluenose are often lost in translation. The paint scheme on the example you have provided is not correct, the riggings don't appear to be entirely accurate either.
Thank you for your inquiry!

Janet MacIsaac
Senior Shore Crew Associate

(The issue with the colour scheme has already been addressed - that was the individual builder's preference, whilst issues on the rigging and rear transom will be taken up with YUANQING).

I also want to extend a big thanks to other individuals (some of them may no longer be forum members) but they have all stood by me with invaluable advice and support - thank you Don Farr and Mike Shanks.

So there you have it - this model is legal in every respect and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!

@donfarr Thank you my friend. Your support and friendship mean a lot. I do believe in "Pay the king what is due to him" so to have this model legal in all respects is to have a big stumbling block out of the way. As the only POF kit in the world of Bluenose, I believe it is a truly unique project of a truly iconic ship.

HI HEINRICH, IT IS GOING TO BE A SUBERP KIT, JUST A BEAUTY, AND I THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP ON THE LEUDO, JUST FINISHED THE FIRST PLANKING, WILL POST PICTURES ON MSB LOG, WITH 2 QUESTIONS, BTW YOUR METHOD USING THE SOLDERING IRON IS A FANTASTIC WAY NOW PRACTCING ON THICKER MATERIAL, QUICK ONES HERE DID YOU USE THIS METHOD ON THE 2ND PLANKING AND THE DECK PLANKING. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Any opinions on the 'upside down method' used in this kit?
Part 4 - The Upside Down Method
In de text it is stated that H.M. Hahn began using it specifically for small/thin frames.
As a complete outsider to POF but steadfast to quality Bluenose end products I would venture that this method appears to have advantages that I anticipate overcome some problems with the long tapered, non-level Bluenose keel and frames. The MS2130 kit instructions at the preparation and planking phase take the builder in the direction of turning the hull over for the planking so up-side-down is not foreign to Bluenose builds. The builder may do it or not depending upon the type of keel clamp that is being used but even on beam-end position the full rotated hull makes that lower planking much easier. Seems like an excellent option for the builder to do it inverted. Just my thoughts. PT-2 (Rich)

Oh yes, thanks for the link to Han to follow in the other parts.

Hello Heinrich, I built the AL Bluenose 11, 1:75 scale, the hull and decking many years ago when I was working as a consultant in Montreal, when I returned home to Sutton, Ont. a year and 1/2 later she sat on the shelf in the basement for a number of years with no mast or rigging at all. Then one day the erg to build again hit me and I completed the build. My Admiral sewed up the sails and she did a better job then I did building this schooner. This was my first build and there is a lot of mistakes in this build that is for sure but I am quite proud of her and she sits on a high shelf in our living room. Even way back then there was a lot of things in the kit that I did not like and scratch built these, not all that great but much better than what was supplied in the kit.
Yes 1:75 is a doyable scale that is for sure, but with my fat fingers I need all the help I can get. The completed size is another issue as I am running out of display space and 1:72 scale could fit into our home very easily, and this would keep my Admiral very happy.
Yes I like your POF kit very much and am putting it on my Christmas list for sure. I believe this will be a very a very enjoyable kit to build rather then create tons of saw dust as in a scratch build. However that brass name plate on the stern hast to go, this sort of thing dose not fit in at all on such a fine ship as the Bluenose, just my 2 cents worth.
Regards Lawrence

Back