New kit Full rib Bluenose finished product - 全肋骨蓝鼻号成品

Checking the 4h website , Yuanqing is selling 23 model kits, how many of those are active I do not know.
For certain S Felipe Royal Caroline Bounty and the Soleil Royal

@Brian077

Hello Brian. The hull ribs and associated parts are manufactured from AA-Grade Wild Pear Wood, while the deck is made from AA-Grade Red Beech Wood. The jig - from what I understand; so don't quote me yet - is manufactured from Sycamore. What is interesting is that the deck features composite layers which allows it to be bent to follow the curvature of the deck shape.

@Canoe21 Hello Lawrence. At this stage I have only aligned myself to YuanQing and the Bluenose. The fact that this is an entirely original, one-of-a-kind-kit is what appealed to me from the outset. I have gone to a lot of effort to drive this point home and to obtain the "clean bills of health" which I deemed necessary - not only to make this kit a success, but also to add Pride of Ownership to those who buy and build it. So far, this has been a full-time job with both my other builds at a complete standstill.

Whether I do this for other kits and other companies will depend entirely on their track record, model choice, and obviously, whether they are willing to follow the long and hard, but morally and ethically correct route. YuanQing was willing to do this and that is why I am with them.

PRICING: This is the announcement that I am sure has been eagerly awaited. We have just finalized pricing on the YuanQing Full-Rib Bluenose Schooner.

Pricing.png

As soon as I have posted the Kit Review this coming week we will open the shop doors!

Enjoy - Heinrich

@DonRobinson Don the quality of the kit is beyond reproach. Everything is still bubble-wrapped (I have purposely not removed it so that the photographs can give an accurate view of how you will receive the kit), but from what I can gather NO PLYWOOD!; NO MDF! The wood is unlike everything I have ever seen in colour and quality - a combination of Wild Pear. Red Beech and Sycamore.

Hello Heinrich , That is great news, My Admiral just OK'ed my Christmas gift from her of your POF Bluenose you have made it very easy for her this year as she has been asking me daily what I want for Christmas, Thanks.
Now I must update my Pay-Pal account as I very seldom use it, no big deal I think. When will you be taking orders? One other question and that is has that stern name plate been corrected, the previous picture of it is horrible to say the least.
Regards Lawrence

Last edited:
Back