New kit Galleon "San Bartolome - 2"

All that is needed for masts and yards is included in the kit, these are plates: W3.W4.W5.W6.W7.W8.W9.W10.W11.W12.W13.W14.W15.W16.W17.W18.W19. It's just that the entire mast in this ship is designed completely differently from what was customary for all manufacturers before. When you get to this part, you will be able to evaluate our ideas, I hope you like them)
I see what you did here now. I like the idea of taper cut pieces rather than tapering round dowel to size.

It doesn't have to be just one. I'd love to see any and all builds of this model, which I am considering getting (but in the smaller scale).
Not enough to start a log yet, but I’ve been piddling around putting pieces of the jig together.

8ED4316B-3364-475C-A919-E59FB543E9C7.jpeg7053A7D2-014B-4348-B952-AA9F6396D987.jpeg

I found that the pieces don’t pop in as easily as in Pavel’s video. They take a wee bit of sanding and shaping but do fit very snugly.

This about as far as I dare to go, I made a deal with my Admiral to finish my other builds before I tackle this one. I’ve got to be good ‘cause she knows where I live :oops::oops:

Not enough to start a log yet, but I’ve been piddling around putting pieces of the jig together.
Never too soon to start, when so many are so interested!
This about as far as I dare to go, I made a deal with my Admiral to finish my other builds before I tackle this one. I’ve got to be good ‘cause she knows where I live :oops::oops:
Understood. So as to not tempt you, it might be best if you sent the kit to me in the meantime. I'll be sure to keep you from starting it too soon. :cool:

May start a log soon to help with a few issues with kit. No big deal just notes of interest. ( i.e. numbering in instructions not matching part sheets )
Note to pavel - I just got to main decking and see the detail lines don't match left to right side. Not a big issue for me but you should correct your laser files for future kits ( unless I'm missing something ) ** Could have maybe pushed left side back but then curves wouldn't match **
deck lines.jpg

Understood. So as to not tempt you, it might be best if you sent the kit to me in the meantime. I'll be sure to keep you from starting it too soon. :cool:
Wow, what great offer. Lemme see —- the original package weighed 42kg or close to a hundred pounds —- convert that to ounces times $.60/ounce, owee lots of $$$ to ship —- No maybe not. Wouldn’t want you to injure yourself trying to get the package to you boatyard.

May start a log soon to help with a few issues with kit. No big deal just notes of interest. ( i.e. numbering in instructions not matching part sheets )
Note to pavel - I just got to main decking and see the detail lines don't match left to right side. Not a big issue for me but you should correct your laser files for future kits ( unless I'm missing something ) ** Could have maybe pushed left side back but then curves wouldn't match **
You're well along, so hope you start a log soon. Just the kind of information we/I need. I was a little concerned about the engraved deck lines as it was, because most ships don't have that type of plank pattern (although possibly they did that early on). I've considered flipping them over, and engraving them myself to my preferred 1-3-2-4 or similar (too wide planks and not wide enough deck for 1-3-5-2-4).

After looking ahead a little more I found the mid deck detail lines to be off similar to the above noted issue. The fore deck and poop deck details appear to be symmetrical. If this is going to bother anybody, signet's suggestion above to flip the planks over to the blank side up and create your own details might be the way to go. I have pre stained my parts with minwax #211 - provincial. Not sure where the final finishing is going to end ( possible 2 or 3 tone stain scheme )
mid deck.jpg

After looking ahead a little more I found the mid deck detail lines to be off similar to the above noted issue. The fore deck and poop deck details appear to be symmetrical. If this is going to bother anybody, signet's suggestion above to flip the planks over to the blank side up and create your own details might be the way to go. I have pre stained my parts with minwax #211 - provincial. Not sure where the final finishing is going to end ( possible 2 or 3 tone stain scheme )
Excellent! We would love to see a separate build log with all of your experiences and opinions! I love the idea of 2 or 3 tones of wood.

View attachment 335957
Unfortunately, you made mistakes when laying the deck, here is the correct laying scheme, it has been tested in practice many times and there were no complaints about it.

photo_2022-10-24_11-39-49.jpg

photo_2022-10-24_11-40-11.jpg

View attachment 335957
An error in the installation of the board indicated by the red arrow, it had to be turned 180 degrees. Further, this mistake began to be repeated already on all the boards to the very board.

31.jpg

Pavel, on September 20, 2022, you said that you would make a set from black walnut. I still can't find it to buy. what's the problem? Maybe you lie?
and repair laser cut detailed shapes as there are many quality complaints.

Back