New kit Galleon "San Bartolome - 2"

Excellent Jan,
Of course you’re going to finish the WB before starting aren’t you :)
You are allowed to peek inside though.

Excellent Jan,
Of course you’re going to finish the WB before starting aren’t you :)
You are allowed to peek inside though.
Yup, I had to peek in the boxes to make sure everything was in good shape.:D The only damage I noted was a a damp corner on one of the smaller boxes. Not a worry. The package was packed very well for shipment.

Yup, still working on the WB and the Duyfken and the Chaperon and my RR layout and .... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I love the boats from this new manufacturer in the pictures. I'm waiting for the walnut version to come out and buy it. If the set is good, I will start selling it to modelers in Lithuania. The manufacturer said that ships will soon be available for purchase from Europe. I can not buy this kit from Ukraina, becouse price from 550 dollars up to 950 dollars tax.

just got mine today. I live on west coast canada and got here in 14 days. Kit #39. WOW is it a heavy box. 4 cardboard boxes surrounded by 1/8" pressed sawdust plywood ( will work great as laser cut project material BONUS!! ) **NOTE** - I had a partial return of shipment in ukraine ( paint kit) I think the airline courier may have refused it on the restrictions of liquid/flammable - CANADA:mad:. sent an email to denis but told him not to worry I will mix up my own finish. I am going to try water based diamond varathane and black walnut stain. I tried some spar varnish but plugged the sandpaper right away. here's a few pics of contents. The instruction manual is all graphic without text so looks pretty straight forward. I didn't see any instruction for laying on planking ( not in manual ) but I haven't opened up packages yet and that's a long ways down the road anyway

Untitled - 1.jpg

Untitled - 2.jpg

Untitled - 5.jpgUntitled - 3.jpg

Hello,
My ship arrived last Week.
Unfortunately, the kit is delivered with unfinished assembly instructions.
I was told that the manual is still being worked on.
So you can't even build half a ship together and it is questionable whether the remaining plans will be sent later.

I just got an email from denis and he stated that the post office opens the box for inspection and removed the paint kit but left the sandpaper in the box ( I thought it was funny to get sandpaper but no paint ) He said they want their customers to be fully satisfied and will send another paint kit with a different post carrier and should arrive in 2-3 weeks. I had opted for airmail delivery on order as the cost was the same for both options. This could be why the box was opened and why I got my kit in 14 days ( UPS ). As for the rest of the manual I had an email from pathfinder65 that the second manual is in the works and will be sent out to all customers when it is ready. I fully expect this to be the case as the quality of service from these folks is exceptional. I think they might have got a tiger by the tail after they released the intro of these kits here on SOS. and are scrambling to get orders out and finalize instructions on new design. *NOTE* the second part #46 ( first page instruction keel assembly) is located on plywood sheet #9. (had me scratching my head for a bit)

Last edited:
I just got an email from denis and he stated that the post office opens the box for inspection and removed the paint kit but left the sandpaper in the box ( I thought it was funny to get sandpaper but no paint ) He said they want their customers to be fully satisfied and will send another paint kit with a different post carrier and should arrive in 2-3 weeks. I had opted for airmail delivery on order as the cost was the same for both options. This could be why the box was opened and why I got my kit in 14 days ( UPS ). As for the rest of the manual I had an email from pathfinder65 that the second manual is in the works and will be sent out to all customers when it is ready. I fully expect this to be the case as the quality of service from these folks is exceptional. I think they might have got a tiger by the tail after they released the intro of these kits here on SOS. and are scrambling to get orders out and finalize instructions on new design. *NOTE* the second part #46 ( first page instruction keel assembly) is located on plywood sheet #9. (had me scratching my head for a bit)
I know that liquids cannot be sent through the post shipping. it is possible to buy the paint ourselves from a hardware store, but you need to know the shades and the painting schema. What tinti you musu spray first, what later and later

Just getting started and realized there are no dowels in the kit for masts, yards. also no rigging instructions but they will probably be in the follow up planking instruction book. fortunately I have lots of dowel on hand but would like to know dimensions etc. again not a panic as I am a long way off from that point. truly enjoying the fit and quality of the kit so far ( couple of instruction numbering issues but no big deal )

Just getting started and realized there are no dowels in the kit for masts, yards. also no rigging instructions but they will probably be in the follow up planking instruction book. fortunately I have lots of dowel on hand but would like to know dimensions etc. again not a panic as I am a long way off from that point. truly enjoying the fit and quality of the kit so far ( couple of instruction numbering issues but no big deal )
All that is needed for masts and yards is included in the kit, these are plates: W3.W4.W5.W6.W7.W8.W9.W10.W11.W12.W13.W14.W15.W16.W17.W18.W19. It's just that the entire mast in this ship is designed completely differently from what was customary for all manufacturers before. When you get to this part, you will be able to evaluate our ideas, I hope you like them)

Hello,
My ship arrived last Week.
Unfortunately, the kit is delivered with unfinished assembly instructions.
I was told that the manual is still being worked on.
So you can't even build half a ship together and it is questionable whether the remaining plans will be sent later.
Do not hesitate, the instructions will be sent to you, it’s just that we don’t have the opportunity to work every day, and sometimes there is no electricity for several days, and therefore there are delays. But we will definitely finish the documentation.

I know that liquids cannot be sent through the post shipping. it is possible to buy the paint ourselves from a hardware store, but you need to know the shades and the painting schema. What tinti you musu spray first, what later and later
Of those translators who work in Ukraine, half still send paints by mail. It is not possible to buy the necessary paints in a hardware store in your country, since we select all the necessary shades ourselves at our production site.

Back