New kit Galleon "San Bartolome - 2"

That is my main concern as well. Plus it limits when you can add guns and other details and not spray them as well. Spraying the deck and inner details of the model being painted may not be too difficult, but wiping and sanding back in there seems like it would be. Nevertheless, they certainly are able to produce a great looking finish!
On painting the internal surfaces of Bartolome, a video will be released on Oleg Ivanovich's channel on Sunday, there really is nothing complicated there)

Pavel, have you ever considered making the outer parts of the model of walnut or pear or other darker wood for those wanting a more natural wood finish or are uncomfortable spraying a finish? Many would pay extra for this. I would.

Pavel, have you ever considered making the outer parts of the model of walnut or pear or other darker wood for those wanting a more natural wood finish or are uncomfortable spraying a finish? Many would pay extra for this. I would.
It's quite real, I've been thinking about it for a long time. But pear or walnut wood is not yet available on our market. We plan to master the process of making wooden blanks from pear, and later from walnut, in two months.

This is one of the details I love about this ship design, but I've never seen it on other ships. Is it specific to this one? Was it common? What was it used for (not for the ship's dog, I assume)?

This is one of the details I love about this ship design, but I've never seen it on other ships. Is it specific to this one? Was it common? What was it used for (not for the ship's dog, I assume)?
This is where that skipper was. The galleons did not yet have a steering wheel, it appeared a hundred years later. There was only a tiller, and the one who controlled it was in this booth. I don’t even know why it was called a dog house, apparently this is marine slang of that time)

Has anyone received who ordered the San Bartolome received theirs yet? Mine (I also ordered the small ships boats) was shipped 2 weeks ago.

Has anyone received who ordered the San Bartolome received theirs yet? Mine (I also ordered the small ships boats) was shipped 2 weeks ago.
I just received my Shallop yesterday and it was 21 days from shipping to my receiving here in Florida. Another post said 26 days for his so be patient.

I also order mine 30 days ago. Still not receive it. But shipping can be a challenge nowadays.

This gun looked very funny to me, being more familiar with 4-wheel carriage guns, so I suspected its authenticity. Wrong! A little research shows that early naval guns were often adapted from their land-based counterparts, and the Spanish in particular were slow to adapt to the newer and more efficient 4-wheel carriages. Pictures across the Internet show similar designs in use during this period, noted as being from the Spanish Armada:

1662146489995.png
(Nice detail on the iron wheel reinforcements - may have to model that)
1662146601120.png
1662146637600.png

1662146665719.png
On the guns picture above, the left side has English guns and the right side Spanish guns during this period. The lower-right gun being the closest to those in this kit and is identified as a 32-pounder Demi Cannon.

Excuse me for doubting the master, Pavel. Well done!

Back