New kit Galleon "San Bartolome - 2"

Jesper. Any estimate on the shipping time? Denis at Pavel told me mine will ship the end of next week.
zoly99sask. I will probably start a build log. Just finished the Golden Star a couple days ago and likely will be starting Mayflower or Rattlesnake next.

I’m “aboard“ ordered one today. Looking forward to the build logs.
Jan, how full is your queue for building projects :)
I almost pulled the trigger on Pavel’s John Smith Shallop but, so far, have restrained myself ;)
I hope my grandchildren take up ship modeling because I currently have more on the shelf then I could possibly build in my lifetime. It is amazing how one’s priorities change with every new kit.

Last edited:
Jan, how full is your queue for building projects :)
I almost pulled the trigger on Pavel’s John Smith Shallot but, so far, have restrained myself ;)
I hope my grandchildren take up ship modeling because I currently have more on the shelf then I could possibly build in my lifetime. It is amazing how one’s priorities change with every new kit.
I’ve got several in the works. I work on each for a bit but not in any particular order. I’ve picked up the pace on my WB build to be able to follow Heinrich’s WB #2 planking advice.

:D:D Subterfuge is the answer. I saved one of Pavel’s pictures of the ship and put it on my Admiral’s iPad as a “Desktop”. When questioned “What is this?”, my answer was “ Christmas present”. :D
Bad thing is I treat every day like Christmas. Why celebrate it one time of the year

Absolutely true, thats the way it should be, I’ve been retired so long that I have trouble remembering the 9 to 5 routine.
Still have a little while before I can retire. But working in the plants we work that Canadian swing shift so I have a mini vacation of 7 days off in a row every month

I simply love this model and build myself, but is there any concern about building what has been called a "fantasy" ship? I can't fit the 1/48 scale version, but the smaller 1/64 scale version out later this year is certainly appealing. I'm trying to decide between the MarisStella Ragusian Carrack (possibly more authentic?) or this model (possibly more fantasy than accuracy?). I'm not attacking this model, I do really love it. And I'm not sure I (and others viewing my model at home) would be able to tell the difference in accuracy. But I just love all the details and "do-dads" included with this ship model. What a decision!

Back