Hannah 1/48 - Lumberyard

I finally got around to completing and placing the binnacle.

20201102_230532.jpg

20201102_235119.jpg

The one thing I don't have is a thickness sander, so some of these smaller buildings have come out a little oddly shaped because the panels are thicker in some places than other.

The most difficult part is carving out the bottom.

20201109_215436.jpg

After a couple passes with the disc sander and the sanding drum on the dremel we have a result.

20201109_224426.jpg

Now nearly everything is in place on the deck.

20201109_230029.jpg

So it's been kind of slow going lately because I put in an order for wood about a month ago that I haven't gotten yet. So I may not finish the pumps until then, we'll see.

I finally got around to completing and placing the binnacle.

View attachment 192002

View attachment 192003

The one thing I don't have is a thickness sander, so some of these smaller buildings have come out a little oddly shaped because the panels are thicker in some places than other.

The most difficult part is carving out the bottom.

View attachment 192004

After a couple passes with the disc sander and the sanding drum on the dremel we have a result.

View attachment 192005

Now nearly everything is in place on the deck.

View attachment 192006

So it's been kind of slow going lately because I put in an order for wood about a month ago that I haven't gotten yet. So I may not finish the pumps until then, we'll see.
The binnacle and other deck furniture are coming out well with your focus on doing what you can with the tools available. Hand crafting ads to the value in your recollections hopefully can move past those things that did not come out as well as you think they could have. Could have and should have occupy a lot of our hindsight lives. It is looking well. Keep it up. PT-2 (Rich)

Hi Gventura

I went today through your build log. Excellent job. I have learned a lot of things during my reading.

I hope you are doing well as it been more than a year you haven't post.

Best !!
Daniel

Hi Gventura

I went today through your build log. Excellent job. I have learned a lot of things during my reading.

I hope you are doing well as it been more than a year you haven't post.

Best !!
Daniel

Hi Daniel, glad it was helpful! Really enjoyed working on the Hannah. I am doing well myself, unfortunately my workshop is not. My workshop was burglarized and everything stolen, including all of the remaining supplies to finish the Hannah.

Since then I've been rebuilding my workspace and I'm just one more tool away from being complete. I don't plan on continuing on with the Hannah, I've grown to like her how she currently sits. But in the next couple weeks I'll be posting a new much smaller project I'm planning, followed by a very very very large project I'm very excited about!

Hi Daniel, glad it was helpful! Really enjoyed working on the Hannah. I am doing well myself, unfortunately my workshop is not. My workshop was burglarized and everything stolen, including all of the remaining supplies to finish the Hannah.

Since then I've been rebuilding my workspace and I'm just one more tool away from being complete. I don't plan on continuing on with the Hannah, I've grown to like her how she currently sits. But in the next couple weeks I'll be posting a new much smaller project I'm planning, followed by a very very very large project I'm very excited about!

Very sad to hear what happened.

Your HANNAH looks great as it is and I will use your build log as reference if I decide to built it. Still thinking!!!

Looking forward to your next projects and thank you for all the info you provided on this log.

Best
Daniel

Back