HIGH HOPES, WILD MEN AND THE DEVIL’S JAW - Willem Barentsz Kolderstok 1:50

Sounds like an amazing opportunity you should continue to pursue, wishing you all the best.

Model ship building should be enjoyed when you have the time free to devote to it so no need to rush it.
Thank you, Richie. It is a great opportunity to do something worthwhile for the students and their parents. I agree fully with your sentiments regarding model ship building - it needs to be savored.

Dear Friends

Please allow me the opportunity of touching sides with you and giving you an update on what is happening at the moment in my life.

Swedish truck-and bus manufacturer (now part of the Volkswagen AG Group) has opened a new production plant in Rugao, Nantong and between now and January 2024, more than 100 families from Sweden, the Netherlands and Brazil will relocate to Nantong. For any international school in Nantong (there are currently 7) this is a massive opportunity to secure future growth and bragging rights which can be used in future marketing.

As Head of English, my responsibility is considerable as all subjects are taught in English. I am in the process of meeting each and every one of these couples as they arrive to introduce the school and its curriculum to them. We are a Cambridge accredited school, but what I would like to achieve is to incorporate elements of each of these three countries' national syllabi in our curriculum so that when they return to their motherlands or to each of these three previously mentioned countries, the educational transition would be as seamless as possible. This is something that has never been done before anywhere in the world, so I am flying completely solo on this one.

Of course, all my other responsibilities in the school continue as normal (at least until I have found suitable teachers to join our staff), so you can well imagine that there is just no time for shipbuilding. I do try from time to time to pop in here and see what is happening, but that is it for the moment.

I want to conclude by wishing you all well with your current builds and urging you to enjoy every moment that you have available to work on your ships.

As always - with the warmest greetings and the kindest regards - Heinrich
Wow, what a fantastic undertaking and change in your teaching venue. I look forward to hearing how your project succeeds.

Dear Friends

I have just logged on to answer a few PMs and see now that the log has reached 200 000-view mark with more than 6 000 replies (even though I had to fish it out from the second page of listed build logs!). All I can say is a massive THANK YOU to all of you who have followed along so loyally and patiently.

School closes on the 30th of June after which I will have a week to resume work on the WB. After that, it is off to SA for an envisaged two-week visit before returning to Nantong and to the shipyard. During that time, I hope to get as far as possible on the spars (I don't know whether I will be able to start the sails as well.

So, please bear me with me - I have not forgotten about my pride and joy. She is standing less than half-a-meter away from me. In case you have forgotten what she looks like, just a reminder. ROTF

微信图片_20230219180131.jpg

Unti next time - all of the best, my friends!

Dear Friends

I have just logged on to answer a few PMs and see now that the log has reached 200 000-view mark with more than 6 000 replies (even though I had to fish it out from the second page of listed build logs!). All I can say is a massive THANK YOU to all of you who have followed along so loyally and patiently.

School closes on the 30th of June after which I will have a week to resume work on the WB. After that, it is off to SA for an envisaged two-week visit before returning to Nantong and to the shipyard. During that time, I hope to get as far as possible on the spars (I don't know whether I will be able to start the sails as well.

So, please bear me with me - I have not forgotten about my pride and joy. She is standing less than half-a-meter away from me. In case you have forgotten what she looks like, just a reminder. ROTF

View attachment 370734

Still looking beautiful! Enjoy your visit to SA. Look forward to your future progress! ;)

Hello Heinrich, nice to hear from you. Your WB is still very nice to look at. In any case, I wish you and your family a nice holiday in South Africa and I always look forward to hearing from you.

Still looking beautiful! Enjoy your visit to SA. Look forward to your future progress! ;)
Thank you, Dean. As one of my class projects, I had to teach my students about the role that the Flying Tigers played in China. And lo and behold ... I became interested in the Curtiss P-40 - I never thought I would see the day ... ROTF

Hello Heinrich, nice to hear from you. Your WB is still very nice to look at. In any case, I wish you and your family a nice holiday in South Africa and I always look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you very much, Tobias. My visit to South Africa will, unfortunately, be only me and is solely for the purpose of visiting my 86-year-old mother and my son and his wife. I have not even met his wife, so I am looking forward to it.

Dear Friends

View attachment 370734

Great to see progress Heinrich,

I thought I was going to see a photo of Admrial Anna ;).

Cheers,
Stephen.

nice to hear from you and to see the great progress on the ship Okay
good luck Heinrich! It sounds like a great opportunity and with your talents I'm sure you'll be successful.

Thank you, Dean. As one of my class projects, I had to teach my students about the role that the Flying Tigers played in China. And lo and behold ... I became interested in the Curtiss P-40 - I never thought I would see the day ... ROTF
The Curtis P-40; very well known for its role in the Pacific theater, but she was also used in other war theaters.
Historically a very interesting plane, still haven't made up my mind whether I find the design esthetically beautiful.
Would love to see a Heinrich special: a scratch build P-40. ROTF

Dear Friends

View attachment 370734

Still alive and kicking!
June 30th still a while away, but I hope you'll enjoy your stay in SA when the time comes.
Will Anna be joining you?

Heinrich, Just catching up...again. I'm very happy to hear of your opportunity. I am quite certain the families needs and the school's objectives are in very good hands. I would wish you luck, but I somehow believe luck has nothing to do with your success. Be well!

Back