Trident Model - New Kit HMS Alert 1777 1:48 Plank on frame by Trident Models

Pardon my ignorance, what is this discussion about, AS I UNDERSTAND THE MODEL WILL BE PRODUCED IN LIMITED QUANITY, AND SOLD ON EBAY, CAN YOU PRE ORDER THIS FROM THE MANUFACTURER, WANT THIS ONE BADLY. Don

As mentioned before by Zoly....these chinese manufacturer are only producing a small number of kits, based on their personal possibilities in their 1 man show production. You have to imagine, that the production "factory" is maybe smaller, than some of our working room at home.

But I could imagine, that if we really get a number together here within our members of SOS, that such a manufacturer will produce them also, if we order fix a certain number. Mabye than also with the idea of a group built, or SOS building group.......Let us see and try to get in contact with the manufacturer.
Until now we got the photos and some descriptions from the hull structure - we should also see the fittings etc. to have a complete overview of this model

The following is the original words of the developer

‘Thanks to the SOS Forum for giving us a place to communicate. Thanks to the members of SOS for their attention.
The original intention of this kit was to make the average boat modeler experience the fun of self-made sailing. When designing and manufacturing, we will restore the original structure of the ancient sailboat to the greatest extent. Our aim is not simply to make a profit, nor to set a very high price because of low production. We will sell kits at prices that most enthusiasts can accept, and will not take limited sales. Any hobbyist can buy it, but you may have to wait some time. The warning number is expected to be listed in the Chinese market in May. As it is a new product, it needs further improvement. The Alert kit with the English manual will have to wait for a while. We will provide a pcs of kits to the SOS Forum for free after the launch of the Chinese market. Thanks again to the SOS Forum and friends who care about us, thank you.’

On the other hand, based on my communication with the developer. The HMS Alert kits will be sell on EBAY. WECHAT is a communication software. Any buyer or who interested this kit can contact the developer. Any questions about the model will be helped by the developer.

Many thanks for sharing these photos and excerpts from the 3D-model.
Some parts are really good, but f.e. the hinges made out of white metal are to thick - here maybe it would be better to stay with photo etched parts ...

Back