HMS Alert by PeterM [COMPLETED BUILD]

very good work my friend - Bravo!
Step by step she will be finished soon ......

Hallo everybody. Thanks for all the the likes and loves, I'm happy that You like it. The last missing parts, anchors and the model stand are ready and installed. I consider the build as finished.
Fazit: It took me approx. 6 month to complete the model. It was great fun, the quality of the model was, in my eyes, very good. All the wood parts were in solid cherry and fitted nicely. Sometimes some small corrections were necessery which was not a problem at all. Also the metal parts were of good quality and could be blackened without any problems. The kit quality to kit price ratio was superb. I would buy this model any time again. Trident Model - thank You for this kit, maybe in the future You will construct another beautifull one. And finally last but not least: thank You all who followed me on this exciting journey, I wish everybody a lot of success in completing Your models.
DSC02595 (2).JPG
DSC02601 (2).JPG
DSC02606.JPG
DSC02609.JPG
DSC02612.JPG
DSC02614.JPG
DSC02615.JPG
DSC02617.JPG
DSC02619 (2).JPG
DSC02620 (2).JPG
DSC02621 (2).JPG
DSC02627 (2).JPG
Greetings
PeterM

Last edited:
Dear PeterM,, a very beautiful model - and the entire production took only half a year! All respect!
An all-round successful build.

Best regards
Fritz Baur (schiffbaur)

Hallo everybody. Thanks for all the the likes and loves, I'm happy that You like it. The last missing parts, anchors and the model stand are ready and installed. I consider the build as finished.
Fazit: It took me approx. 6 month to complete the model. It was great fun, the quality of the model was, in my eyes, very good. All the wood parts were in solid cherry and fitted nicely. Sometimes some small corrections were necessery which was not a problem at all. Also the metal parts were of good quality and could be blackened without any problems. The kit quality to kit price ratio was superb. I would buy this model any time again. Trident Model - thank You for this kit, maybe in the future You will construct another beautifull one. And finally last but not least: thank You all who followed me on this exciting journey, I wish everybody a lot of success in completing Your models.
View attachment 304866
View attachment 304867
View attachment 304868
View attachment 304869
View attachment 304870
View attachment 304871
View attachment 304872
View attachment 304873
View attachment 304874
View attachment 304875
View attachment 304876
View attachment 304877
Greetings
PeterM
Dear Peter
you have done wonderful work, I learn from the log of your construction a lot for the model I am also building. Thank you

I must say, I fully enjoyed your build journey, as the result, your Alert is a high-grade and beautiful model to be proud of! Congratulations! Exclamation-MarkExclamation-MarkExclamation-Mark

...what is next?

Hallo everybody, few days ago I received the Alert kit from Trident Models. Everything went quickly and without any problems. I'd like to thank the administrators UweK, Zoly99sask and Jimsky for their help in ordering procedure, and of course Trident Model for the beautifull kit. I plan to build the model with the help of the instruction manual, AotS by Peter Goodwin on Alert and what is very important: the detailed build logs of the Alert Group Bild community. This is going to be my first build log on this forum.

I started with the keel, placing all the parts into the keel template after cleaning. Everything fitted well together and could be glued. I also sanded the cuts for the metal parts already at this stage of construction (they were a bit tight) which is easier than later with the frames attached.
I had a first look at the berth/construction jig/space ship and after some slight sanding started to glue it together. I did not glue nr.15 into the berth.
View attachment 260025View attachment 260026View attachment 260027View attachment 260028View attachment 260030View attachment 260032
That's it for the moment. To be continued soon.
Greetings
PeterM
Hallo @PeterM
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
are you working actual on a project?

Hallo @PeterM
Birthday-Cake
are you working actual on a project?
Hallo everybody. Dear Uwe, thanks a lot for Your greetings. At the moment I'm not building anything but I have a HMS Enterprise set from CAF models waiting to start. Maybe in the near future I will start a new log.
Greetings
PeterM

Hallo everybody, few days ago I received the Alert kit from Trident Models. Everything went quickly and without any problems. I'd like to thank the administrators UweK, Zoly99sask and Jimsky for their help in ordering procedure, and of course Trident Model for the beautifull kit. I plan to build the model with the help of the instruction manual, AotS by Peter Goodwin on Alert and what is very important: the detailed build logs of the Alert Group Bild community. This is going to be my first build log on this forum.

I started with the keel, placing all the parts into the keel template after cleaning. Everything fitted well together and could be glued. I also sanded the cuts for the metal parts already at this stage of construction (they were a bit tight) which is easier than later with the frames attached.
I had a first look at the berth/construction jig/space ship and after some slight sanding started to glue it together. I did not glue nr.15 into the berth.

That's it for the moment. To be continued soon.
Greetings
PeterM
Hallo @PeterM
Birthday-Cake

Back