Unboxing Hms Blandford 1720 - by Modelship Dockyard Pof kit

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The content is looking very good
Pear wood is a great choice for the overall appearance and very good to work with. The photo etched parts are very good, and the carvings !! -> great looking lion

BTW: I love it also extremely, when I get a new kit, open the box and can smell the timber........ :cool:

The content is looking very good
Pear wood is a great choice for the overall appearance and very good to work with. The photo etched parts are very good, and the carvings !! -> great looking lion
This looks very good. How would you compare it to the Alert or Le Coureur?

zoly99sask

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The developer’s prototype build can be found here

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

That is quite the kit. There seems to be quite a lot of really good plank on frame kits coming out these days.

Hello folks,I ‘d like to introduce the contentent of the Hms Blandford 1720 designed by @Modelship Dockyard ,plank on frame /fully frame model.The kit was really well packed in bubble wraps.,weight aprox 6.7 Kg.

View attachment 292498View attachment 292499
I see more and more models based on the Anatomy of a Ship series. Makes sense. All of the plans are can be converted to model making. The Blanford was my first scratch building effort from this series, with many more to follow . These books are an invaluable source of info for the modeler. I've attached a couple of pix of my Blandford.
Blandford2.jpgBlandford1.jpg

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I see more and more models based on the Anatomy of a Ship series. Makes sense. All of the plans are can be converted to model making. The Blanford was my first scratch building effort from this series, with many more to follow . These books are an invaluable source of info for the modeler. I've attached a couple of pix of my Blandford.
View attachment 293466View attachment 293467
I completely agree with your words about the Anatomy book series.

For everybody interested, we have already several book reviews here in our forum. A complete overview of all the books, please take a look

And congratulations @polydoc for this great scratch Blandford. In which scale did you build her?

Very nice indeed, but a lot of gold doubloons for we poor Canadians. Well if it smells nice.............I'm in for one.