New design POF HMS Blandford 1720 in scale 1:48 by Modelship Dockyard

Will you be acting as an intermediary in selling this model as you have with other builds offered here on the forum? Thanks for your involvement if that is the case. It gives added confidence for myself and others I am sure.

Be well.

Reg

Will you be acting as an intermediary in selling this model as you have with other builds offered here on the forum? Thanks for your involvement if that is the case. It gives added confidence for myself and others I am sure.
Hello Reg, are you asking if we will maintain the list of users willing to purchase this kit?

Hi Jimsky. No, I was asking Zoly if the kit will be available for purchase through his intermediary like La Belle Poule was for example. I just wanted clarification on who I will actually transact with, Model Dockyard or someone here. I am sure that there are others here that will be purchasing this model and are anxious to find out how and from whom they will purchase this kit. If S.O.S. benefits in some way from representing these model developers then I am all for it.

Have a great day,

Reg

Hi Jimsky. No, I was asking Zoly if the kit will be available for purchase through his intermediary like La Belle Poule was for example. I just wanted clarification on who I will actually transact with, Model Dockyard or someone here. I am sure that there are others here that will be purchasing this model and are anxious to find out how and from whom they will purchase this kit. If S.O.S. benefits in some way from representing these model developers then I am all for it.

Have a great day,

Reg
Hi Reg ,the kit will be sold like the Belle Poule on Sos on a separate page like this

Merry Christmas guys!
So sorry for the waiting and not able to get the kit to you guys by Christmas, but we are now ready!
First here's some pic of the lastest pliot model of Blandford(Please not that the nails on the planking will not be included, since I found that not looking so well):
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg12.jpg
Blandford with our other WIP kits(More about Le cygne will be updated later on Cygne's thread, and the other two still needs some waiting):
IMG_20211225_193525.jpg
Here's a over look of some parts, etching sheet and some fittings are not included, to see all parts, please wait for SOS official open box:
13.jpg
Again, Merry Christmas to all members of SOS, and i'll soon make more updates.

Last edited:
I 1640617397211.pngI am a little confused about the galion of the model. The rails seem too low and cover the hawse holes. Even in the side view of Goodwins book the headrails seem to cover the inner hole. In the front view they seem correct.
Will this be corrected in the kit?
The rest of the ship is amazing!
Regards Christian

Hi, this doesn't seem to be the same model you were showing earlier??? I was interested but something doesn't seem right now...or maybe I'm missing something?
I think he mentioned earlier that there is another prototype has been built,but they are the same kit,maybe different wood?

Applied finish of some sort? Bit too dark for my taste, but great overall appearance.
In Europe a lot of scratch modeler are using a wood called Elsbeere, which is looking like steamed pear wood.
The ship model with the dark red touch is looking like Elsbeere - for me it is looking great in this way - but the tastes are different

Back