New design POF HMS Blandford 1720 in scale 1:48 by Modelship Dockyard

Tutti i kit sono dotati di un certo grado di errori, il problema principale è se l'errore è accettabile e può funzionare! Lo sviluppatore ha accettato l'errore, chissà, forse Modelship Dockyard modificherà prima i loro kit.

Questa è la bellezza del nostro capitalismo, se non ti piace, non devi comprarlo. Per i tuoi soldi, puoi sempre trovarne un altro per i tuoi gusti e preferenze.;)
Buon pomeriggio, da un asino si può mai fare un cavallo da pista? i KIT secondo il mio modesto parere non è mai veritiero di una nave

Folks, a correction to what I have said: I now found a way to make the groove(of the figure head) from 7mm wide to 5mm wide, It would be better from now on! Thanks for all the suggestions, they do help improving the kit!
Big thanks to Modelship Dockyard! Absolutely encouraging to see the desire to make a great kit even better! Now I need tips on convincing my bride that I need another POF kit! :)

It's true that stem is not tapered, but at the same time comparing kit to David Antscherl's work is bit out of whack as well as comment that decent model cannot be built from kits. These Chinese pof kits are miles away from anything else available on the market and designers' willingness to improve them based on forum comments is unprecedented. Thank you Victor.

It's true that stem is not tapered, but at the same time comparing kit to David Antscherl's work is bit out of whack as well as comment that decent model cannot be built from kits. These Chinese pof kits are miles away from anything else available on the market and designers' willingness to improve them based on forum comments is unprecedented. Thank you Victor.
Well said.

Hello, everyone. I'm the designer of the Modelship Dockyard.My English is not very good,our communication is usually carried out by Victor,He's my best partner,and I can understand your reply with the help of translation software (thank Google)!So my grammar and vocabulary may not fully express my meaning,Please understand.
I was lazy when making the pilot model.We will improve these problems in the process of mass production.
Thank you very much for enjoying our design.I'm glad to receive your suggestion,In general, we will absorb really helpful suggestions and make improvements.
We will continue to work efficiently and provide better products for everyone.
In the near future, we will also do some open source design for SOS forum, just as I did on China Forum open source H.M.S Enterprise.
Thank you for your support

As someone who is quite interested in this kit I feel like I want to weigh in on this recent discussion.

First, I am impressed with the knowledge of ship design embedded in the members of this forum. To notice the details (both large and small) in a ship evidences great passion and experience and must be respected. I am also delighted to see the willingness of the designer/manufacturer to entertain improvements.

All that said, perhaps we should recognize our different expectations. While I am new to this hobby I am not uninformed. It doesn't take much time looking at build-logs to realize that kits are not actual ships. There are concessions to scale. There are concessions to buildability. There are concessions to manufacturing conditions. There are concessions to economy. In other words, every kit is just that - a kit.

As builders we then impose on the kit our own individuality. We have different skill levels, different tools, different physical abilities - but most of all we have different expectations. Some want everything to drop in place. Some want to change form. Some want to change only the details. Some long for the opportunity to custom fabricate along the way.

What is nice is that this manufacturer has shown us what the kit is (and what it is not). Now it falls to us to decide if this kit fits in with our expectations and whether it is a suitable starting point for what we want to build.

As someone who is quite interested in this kit I feel like I want to weigh in on this recent discussion.

First, I am impressed with the knowledge of ship design embedded in the members of this forum. To notice the details (both large and small) in a ship evidences great passion and experience and must be respected. I am also delighted to see the willingness of the designer/manufacturer to entertain improvements.

All that said, perhaps we should recognize our different expectations. While I am new to this hobby I am not uninformed. It doesn't take much time looking at build-logs to realize that kits are not actual ships. There are concessions to scale. There are concessions to buildability. There are concessions to manufacturing conditions. There are concessions to economy. In other words, every kit is just that - a kit.

As builders we then impose on the kit our own individuality. We have different skill levels, different tools, different physical abilities - but most of all we have different expectations. Some want everything to drop in place. Some want to change form. Some want to change only the details. Some long for the opportunity to custom fabricate along the way.

What is nice is that this manufacturer has shown us what the kit is (and what it is not). Now it falls to us to decide if this kit fits in with our expectations and whether it is a suitable starting point for what we want to build.

I think you can not say it better, Paul.

To expand on Paul's post

long time ago i was into kit design and manufacture now i am pretty much retired form doing that and build for fun. But i do appreciate what i see going on in the hobby and in kit design and manufacture. Each kit introduced on SoS is better and more advanced than the one before it. There is no ship model company anywhere in North America or in the western market that i would call state of the art and these ship model companies are like old men sitting in their chairs doing the same thing, using the same building methods, same thing today that was done 40 years ago. Then something happened and there was a giant leap in design, manufacturing and new improvements. Did this come from the old established companies? nope it came from the new generation that took those outdated methods, kits and designs and took them to a new level.

this is one of the biggest events to take place in the hobby, a prime example is the Blue Nose kit when there was an issue with the wheel, it was pointed out and people stepped forward with a new and improved version and the company took note. An established interface between Ship of Scale, the manufactures and the builders is so important to the hobby.

Hello, everyone. I'm the designer of the Modelship Dockyard.My English is not very good,our communication is usually carried out by Victor,He's my best partner,and I can understand your reply with the help of translation software (thank Google)!So my grammar and vocabulary may not fully express my meaning,Please understand.
I was lazy when making the pilot model.We will improve these problems in the process of mass production.
Thank you very much for enjoying our design.I'm glad to receive your suggestion,In general, we will absorb really helpful suggestions and make improvements.
We will continue to work efficiently and provide better products for everyone.
In the near future, we will also do some open source design for SOS forum, just as I did on China Forum open source H.M.S Enterprise.

Thank you for your support

i want to thank Modelship Dockyard for their contribution to this hobby, your "state of the art" work and willingness to open source your designing process to all the members here on SoS
from one researcher and designer to another a job well done.

Hello folks

I made a quick unboxing of the Blandford kit

Hi guys, to celebrate the Easter holiday, the 50 USD discount will be extended to the end of Easter, which will be 23:59 17 April GMT. Happy Easter Guys!

Also our next ship is coming soon, it will be a lovely small POF, the thread will be soon avaliable on SOS, thank you for supporting Modelship Dockyard!

Hi guys, to celebrate the Easter holiday, the 50 USD discount will be extended to the end of Easter, which will be 23:59 17 April GMT. Happy Easter Guys!

Also our next ship is coming soon, it will be a lovely small POF, the thread will be soon avaliable on SOS, thank you for supporting Modelship Dockyard!
Many thanks, Victor for the discount extention to our members! Cannot wait to know about the small POF vessel...Can you reveal at least some of the details: Is it small because of the scale or small ship type???

Many thanks, Victor for the discount extention to our members! Cannot wait to know about the small POF vessel...Can you reveal at least some of the details: Is it small because of the scale or small ship type???
It's small because of it's type, the ship will be in 1/48. It'll be a pear wood, entry-level POF, with a price lower than $300(incl. shipping). All rigging will be included, with sails. For more information, feel free to follow our next thread!

It's small because of it's type, the ship will be in 1/48. It'll be a pear wood, entry-level POF, with a price lower than $300(incl. shipping). All rigging will be included, with sails. For more information, feel free to follow our next thread!
this is great news!! Looking forward to the 'New' thread! When?

Back