Unboxing Hms Blandford 1720 - by Modelship Dockyard Pof kit

The content is looking very good
Pear wood is a great choice for the overall appearance and very good to work with. The photo etched parts are very good, and the carvings !! -> great looking lion

BTW: I love it also extremely, when I get a new kit, open the box and can smell the timber........ :cool:

The content is looking very good
Pear wood is a great choice for the overall appearance and very good to work with. The photo etched parts are very good, and the carvings !! -> great looking lion
This looks very good. How would you compare it to the Alert or Le Coureur?

The developer’s prototype build can be found here

That is quite the kit. There seems to be quite a lot of really good plank on frame kits coming out these days.

Hello folks,I ‘d like to introduce the contentent of the Hms Blandford 1720 designed by @Modelship Dockyard ,plank on frame /fully frame model.The kit was really well packed in bubble wraps.,weight aprox 6.7 Kg.

View attachment 292498View attachment 292499
I see more and more models based on the Anatomy of a Ship series. Makes sense. All of the plans are can be converted to model making. The Blanford was my first scratch building effort from this series, with many more to follow . These books are an invaluable source of info for the modeler. I've attached a couple of pix of my Blandford.
Blandford2.jpgBlandford1.jpg

I see more and more models based on the Anatomy of a Ship series. Makes sense. All of the plans are can be converted to model making. The Blanford was my first scratch building effort from this series, with many more to follow . These books are an invaluable source of info for the modeler. I've attached a couple of pix of my Blandford.
View attachment 293466View attachment 293467
I completely agree with your words about the Anatomy book series.

For everybody interested, we have already several book reviews here in our forum. A complete overview of all the books, please take a look

And congratulations @polydoc for this great scratch Blandford. In which scale did you build her?

Very nice indeed, but a lot of gold doubloons for we poor Canadians. Well if it smells nice.............I'm in for one.

Bonjour,
J'hésite entre 2 modèles pour me lancer dans la construction. Il s'agit du HMS Blandford (1/48) Vs HMS Granado (1/48).
Selon vous qu'elle est est le plus difficile à construire ?

Hello,
I hesitate between 2 models to start building. This is HMS Blandford (1/48) Vs HMS Granado (1/48).
Which do you think is the hardest to build?

Bonjour,
J'hésite entre 2 modèles pour me lancer dans la construction. Il s'agit du HMS Blandford (1/48) Vs HMS Granado (1/48).
Selon vous qu'elle est est le plus difficile à construire ?

Hello,
I hesitate between 2 models to start building. This is HMS Blandford (1/48) Vs HMS Granado (1/48).
Which do you think is the hardest to build?
Hallo,
this is a good question, but I guess not easy to answer.
I am working in the moment on the Granado, so I know this kit very much in detail, so I am able to compare somehow with the Blandford photos available

The hull of the Blandford is 78cm, the Granado "only" 67cm so you get a little bit longer model
the frames are slightly easier to build at the Blandford, only double frames with reduced width from keel up to the top-timbers
The Granado has single, double and triple frames, also with reduced width from keel up to the top-timbers
but off course the Blandford, because of appr. 10cm longer hull length some more frames.
The Granado has a little bit more interior walls and decks, also especially because of the Mortar beds

Both ships are documented in detail with contemporary drawings, but also in a book from The Anatomy of Ships series

At the end, both are interesting kit models, both not so easy to build, but with patience and love for the hobby will end in highly interesting models.
Yes - at the end - it should be a question of taste, what ship you like most :cool:

Thank you for your reply.
Indeed the HMS Granado is shorter (less frame to mount) and it has the advantage of being offered in 3 kits which leaves the choice to everyone to make a choice on the level on the final state of progress ( hull only, hull and interior fittings, hull interior and exterior fittings).
On the HMS Granado if by misfortune we make a wrong manipulation (error, breakage etc ...), can we easily order spare parts?
Is CAF model responsive?

Thank you for your reply.
Indeed the HMS Granado is shorter (less frame to mount) and it has the advantage of being offered in 3 kits which leaves the choice to everyone to make a choice on the level on the final state of progress ( hull only, hull and interior fittings, hull interior and exterior fittings).
On the HMS Granado if by misfortune we make a wrong manipulation (error, breakage etc ...), can we easily order spare parts?
Is CAF model responsive?
The aftersale service is very good. So no problem if there is any problem - also easy communication.
But this we can say also for the Blandford - Both will be trustworthy deals

Back