HMS Blandford POF by Keith [COMPLETED BUILD]

NOW l'm officially calling it ''Job Done'' with the addition of the ship's wheel and ladders to the lower deck. After just a week short of 1 year, it brings to an end my work on this excellent kit. l've enjoyed the time spent on it immensely and hope my next project will bring me the same enjoyment and feeling of satisfaction as this one has. l also would like to thank all of you guys for your wonderful comments and support along the way

View attachment 370076

View attachment 370077

View attachment 370078

View attachment 370079

View attachment 370080
A truly inspirational build and so well presented, the only issue is that I now want one, though I doubt that I could achieve what you have with this kit. Are you aware that a replica was built, The Grand Turk, it was used in the BBC series, Hornblower. I was fortunate enough to have sailed in her when she visited the UK. Ken

A truly inspirational build and so well presented, the only issue is that I now want one, though I doubt that I could achieve what you have with this kit. Are you aware that a replica was built, The Grand Turk, it was used in the BBC series, Hornblower. I was fortunate enough to have sailed in her when she visited the UK. Ken
Thank you very much Ken for your interest in my efforts with this kit. l very much appreciate your kind comments and would really recommend it. No, l didn't know about the replica built for the TV series and it's very interesting to hear you have sailed in her. Good times l bet!! Thank you for your post

Thank you very much Ken for your interest in my efforts with this kit. l very much appreciate your kind comments and would really recommend it. No, l didn't know about the replica built for the TV series and it's very interesting to hear you have sailed in her. Good times l bet!! Thank you for your post
Hi Keith, I mentioned that I was inspired by your build and said that I would I was so impressed that I would also like to build this kit. Mine is now on its way to me, I’ve told my wife that you are to blame, see what you have done, it will cost me at least one dinner out and a bunch of flowers, but it’ll probably be worth it.

:D My old mum always used to say l was a bad influence. Apologies to the lovely Mrs Ken, but you know it's worth it. Have fun with your build and please keep me informed with your progress. l am always at hand if you want to bounce some ideas about

:D My old mum always used to say l was a bad influence. Apologies to the lovely Mrs Ken, but you know it's worth it. Have fun with your build and please keep me informed with your progress. l am always at hand if you want to bounce some ideas about
Hi Keith, Thanks very much for your reply, this will also be my first foray into POF, I’m both excited and a little apprehensive, I hope that I enjoy it as much as you obviously did. It’s good to know that there is someone out there to help when I stumble, I know that I’m going to need that help. What a great forum this is, without it I would never contemplate such a project. Ken

Hi Keith, Thanks very much for your reply, this will also be my first foray into POF, I’m both excited and a little apprehensive, I hope that I enjoy it as much as you obviously did. It’s good to know that there is someone out there to help when I stumble, I know that I’m going to need that help. What a great forum this is, without it I would never contemplate such a project. Ken
Hi Ken. Exciting times. You are obviously tracking your package. Any idea of the delivery date yet? Mine took 2 weeks from date of order. Please let us know when it arrives. You're going to love it!

I’m very impressed with your work Keef. I’m am even more impressed considering that you‘ve done so very well after recovering from a major stroke! The Blandford is my first POF model as well. It has been a learning experience indeed for me.
I have almost finished the frame and am now considering how I will trim the fames. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciate.

I’m very impressed with your work Keef. I’m am even more impressed considering that you‘ve done so very well after recovering from a major stroke! The Blandford is my first POF model as well. It has been a learning experience indeed for me.
I have almost finished the frame and am now considering how I will trim the fames. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciate.
Thank you very much for your compliments Craig. This is indeed a great kit. Concerning the trimming of the frames. l took the measurements of each frame individually from the 1:1 scale drawing of the side view of the hull from the base of the keel and marked the position on each frame. l can't remember now the measurements, but each level of the jig is an exact height. You can use these as reference points which is a great help

Hi

It would be nice if you could show us your build in a build log .Thanks!!

Thank you very much for your compliments Craig. This is indeed a great kit. Concerning the trimming of the frames. l took the measurements of each frame individually from the 1:1 scale drawing of the side view of the hull from the base of the keel and marked the position on each frame. l can't remember now the measurements, but each level of the jig is an exact height. You can use these as reference points which is a great help
Thank you for your reply Keef. I decided to do as you suggested but only after considering making a tracing from the side view of the hull. That tracing will probably work for cutting the gun ports but not for trimming the frames.

Hi

It would be nice if you could show us your build in a build log .Thanks!!
Thanks Zoly. I will post some pics when I've completed the hawse and the stern. Right now I'm waiting for some replacement laser cut pieces from Victor as I was not happy with my initial effort.

Two thoughts. First I appreciate the consideration of so many people. The cooperation, help and comments from everyone has been impressive and I thank everyone. And viewing the pics of other modelers on this site is a tremendous help. Especially considering that there are no instructions for the Blandford.

Second as I said previously this build is more complicated that I realized and my learning curve has been very steep. This isn't my first build but it is my first POF and the most complicated and difficult model I've attempted. Experience is the best teacher and I'm getting a lot of experience.

Thank you all!

Thank you for your reply Keef. I decided to do as you suggested but only after considering making a tracing from the side view of the hull. That tracing will probably work for cutting the gun ports but not for trimming the frames.
Do you have the A4 paper template sheet for positioning and cutting the gun ports that should be included. l found this to be a good idea and worked very well

That template was not in my kit. I can contact Victor and inquir. But otherwise I can make my own.

This Looks so good, very Fine work, the Blandford will be my next Projekt. Greetings from Germany
Thank you very much Jojo. The Blandford is a great kit. Enjoy your time with her. Although l am English by birth, l send my greetings from Spain

Back