HMS Blandford Project Main Support Page

If anyone is missing Part 1 and / or Part 2, please PM me. I will re send those links to you. I appreciate all of your patience during this time. There has been so many things going on.

Ahoy Shipwrights,
My ignorance is showing but I need some direction. When building the frames I notice that they are two each thick. Sheet 1 frame 1 shows the frame assembled and sheet 2 shows the frame in pieces. Do you cut pieces from sheet one and sheet 2 then use sheet 2 as a guide to assembly?
When I looked at Mike41's build log it was not apparent to me.

Hi Mike,
The box on sheet 2 has all the pieces for both sides of the frame, cut out the patterns and attach them to the wood using spray adhesive or rubber cement.
Place a piece of plate glass or plastic (1/8” thick) over sheet 1 and after cutting out and sanding the parts build the frame on the glass or plastic over sheet 1 after you have built both sides and they are dry glue them together per the instruction sheet.
Mike

Mike, I read this several times myself. Ok, so if I understand this correctly. Is this what I do ? Please check my logic.

1) With the print of the frame plan SHEET 1, lay it down first on your workbench.
2) Then cover SHEET 1 with either a sheet of 1/8 glass or similar material as long as you can see through it.
3) Go Cut out all the pieces from SHEET 2. These are the individual parts of the frame (obviously).
4) Use the PLAN view as a guide to assemble the parts (gluing each part together). I can use masking tape to hold each part together if needed.
5) When that SIDE of the frame is dry, remove it from the plate glass and set aside.
6) Now take all the pieces to build the other side of the frame in the same way and lay those pieces on the glass using the frame plan as a guide.
7) When that dries, remove and set aside -- then I can glue each SIDE together mating them together and glue them to become ONE object frame.
8) Sand as needed, etc.

Is this correct?

Thanks
Donnie

Ahoy Donnie and Mike,
Thank you mateys for clearing it up. After I posted my thread I looked again and thought I had it figured out. It's a good thing I waited. This is great it makes it crystal clear.

Hey Sgtmik,

I wrote this actually asking Mike41 if I understood the instructions too. I think I might be correct. I haven't even had a chance to start on mine yet, but my assumptions might be correct.

That's it exactly, you hit the nail right between the eyes. I made a screen print of you thread to use as a guide.
Thanks.

Yes, you both are correct don’t forget the block of wood in the notch and everything will line up.

Just a quick coment, I use wax paper rather then a piece of glass glue will not stick easy to use and seerthru easy to match frames, I also use pins and tape to hold down frames while glue sets see my Halifax build. Don Farr

can you pls resend me the link for pt 1 lol seems like when we cleaned up our pms I deleted that pm I have part 2 just need 1. tomorrow I am off and gonna start sorting things to make my frames ))

Mike just informed me AND sent me 6 new drawings of frames 7,8,9 patterns. I will be uploading them tonight.

It is VERY important that when you ever REVISIT the link to REFRESH your web browser so that you will not have old cached pages that would point to the old link. The link is the SAME and has not changed and will not change unless for some odd reason that I do not foresee. The download page will be done in about an hour or more from the time stamp that you see on this post which is 10:40 Central Standard Time -6:00 UCT

Thank you / per Mike

Revised Frames 7,8 and 9 are now ready to be downloaded again.

Donnie

Don

The stupid question is the one that is not asked.

You are running Windows 10 as you have told me.

If window update is switched on you probably have the latest version of internet explorer on your PC.

I run Norton Antivirus on my PC. It alerted me that my PC was under attach twice yesterday and told me my PC was safe.

I also run a program called malwarebytes which is an excellent program to also have.

Overnight it ran 331 quarantined file on my PC today. That is normally zero.

There has been a lot of website gone down in the past week like Facebook, SOS etc

SOS is a minor site compare to Facebook.

Don You have my email contact and so do other members. If you gave issues just email me.

If a member has issues send me a PM if they do not have my personal email address.

In Speaking to Donnie yesterday he is setting up basically and email address so I can help respond to members request and keep my private email addressee private. We will work through that in the next few days so I can understand it as well.

Cheers
Geoff

If you use internet explorer or Firefox while you are on a page on the internet just tap F5 on the keyboard. That will refresh your web browser.

I plan on building the 1:48 scale and was wondering if will matter very much if I were to use 1/4" plywood for the top of the building jig rather than 3/16"? The only reason I ask is that I have lots of 1/4" but no 3/16", and I believe I the smallest piece I can buy is a half sheet(4' x 4').
Thanks

Don: I think you'll be okay. The top of the jig has to be modified with a bevel to accommodate the top of the frames anyway. The bevel will be a little longer with 1/4" ply vs. 3/16". Should be no big deal.

Back