HMS Bounty 1:48 Made to Harold Hahn Plans

i have made a set of plans for a steam box. for those who want it i have a pdf file. you can adjust the dimensions to fit your needs
email me for a set. also i really really need some help doing the stern framing on my bounty. just cant figure out how to get the right curves etc. any patterns that i can scan and redraw to my scale will be helpful. thanks

EMAIL: lesterpalifka@gmail.com

STEAM BOX.jpg

Once we see something wrong, will definitely comment. Until now, it seems like you know what you are doing ;) Steady and planned execution! What type of glue are you using? It has a 'brownish' color when drying out.

Lester,
I've not seen the innovative use of the large clamps, like you did. I have plenty but NEVER realized you could simply fit one of the silver clips like you did, to clamp planks! Done with my planking but will remember for next model. Your planking is looking good!

Like Jim already mentioned - no comment of correction necessary, only positive comments are possible.
AND: Many Thanks for sharing your steam-box drawing - could you maybe also upload this as a normal pdf?

here is the steam box pdf you can adjust the dimensions to suite your needs. hope you all like simple build and works great.
i really need help[ in doing the Bounty's stern framing please private message me for my email. the pdf wont load up as it is too big. private me for my email and i will send it to you along with construction picturesyear 2020 (400).JPGyear 2020 (401).JPGyear 2020 (402).JPGyear 2020 (403).JPGyear 2020 (404).JPGyear 2020 (405).JPGyear 2020 (406).JPGyear 2020 (407).JPG

Lester,
I've not seen the innovative use of the large clamps, like you did. I have plenty but NEVER realized you could simply fit one of the silver clips like you did, to clamp planks! Done with my planking but will remember for next model. Your planking is looking good!
thank you. i saw this on a rc airplane modeling site this works really good and i use it to do all my planking it also allows to get into tight spots. you can use different size spring clips also . i have tried all the commercial clamps from model suppliers for clamping planks and NONE work like this does.plank clamp.jpg

i am putting out a cal for some help on my 1/48 bounty. if anyone has done the stern framing will you be willing to share the patterns you used to frame the stern? private message me and ill give you my email. If there is something you need like drawings made ( i have autocad and i am a retired mechanical engineer 49 years experience) ill make drawings for you... let me know......

Back