HMS Fly - Amati 1:64 - by Daniel20 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good afternoon all! Well I have finally finished with this build of the HMS Fly!
My first post was on August 6th 2020 so I'll call it at 8 months even. I have certainly learned a lot but I still have a long way to go as there is much I feel I can do better at. There have been 27 of you who have looked in and watched this build and I thank each of you for your kind words and suggestions and good critiques.
To all the staff members thank you for your time spent in keeping this awesome ship modeling forum going! I will also open a new thread in the finished projects section and post these same pictures. I think that is the correct procedure. My next build will be the Billings WASA 490. While I have done a lot of preparatory work for the ship I will probably take a short break before starting a new build log. I hope you enjoy the photos and as always......Happy modeling!

IMG_0823.jpgIMG_0824.jpgIMG_0825.jpgIMG_0827.jpgIMG_0828.jpgIMG_0829.jpgIMG_0830.jpgIMG_0831.jpgIMG_0832.jpgIMG_0833.jpgIMG_0834.jpgIMG_0835.jpgIMG_0836.jpgIMG_0837.jpgIMG_0838.jpg

Just curious.... "where in the heck would the all the sails ever fit into all this rigging"?

Good afternoon all! Well I have finally finished with this build of the HMS Fly!
My first post was on August 6th 2020 so I'll call it at 8 months even. I have certainly learned a lot but I still have a long way to go as there is much I feel I can do better at. There have been 27 of you who have looked in and watched this build and I thank each of you for your kind words and suggestions and good critiques.
To all the staff members thank you for your time spent in keeping this awesome ship modeling forum going! I will also open a new thread in the finished projects section and post these same pictures. I think that is the correct procedure. My next build will be the Billings WASA 490. While I have done a lot of preparatory work for the ship I will probably take a short break before starting a new build log. I hope you enjoy the photos and as always......Happy modeling!

View attachment 224701View attachment 224702View attachment 224703View attachment 224704View attachment 224705View attachment 224706View attachment 224707View attachment 224708View attachment 224709View attachment 224710View attachment 224711View attachment 224712View attachment 224713View attachment 224714View attachment 224715

Just curious.... "where in the heck would the all the sails ever fit into all this rigging"?
I wonder about all those ropes and the sails managing to fit in there myself!
You did a great job Daniel! The mast and rigging are very important to the overall look of the ship, and you ended up with a fantastic result. It is a ship that I would have no reservation displaying in my own home! Well done sir!

Congratulations on an impressive accomplishment Daniel! I have enjoyed walking alongside you on this journey and have celebrated each milestone with you from my little corner of the forum. Display her proudly!

And I can't wait to cheer you on for your next build - the mighty Wasa!!!

I wonder about all those ropes and the sails managing to fit in there myself!
You did a great job Daniel! The mast and rigging are very important to the overall look of the ship, and you ended up with a fantastic result. It is a ship that I would have no reservation displaying in my own home! Well done sir!
Thank you Dean. Your Blue Nose has me captivated. It will be a while but I'm going to have to try building a POF and it will be a Blue Nose. That boat just has beautiful lines.

Congratulations on an impressive accomplishment Daniel! I have enjoyed walking alongside you on this journey and have celebrated each milestone with you from my little corner of the forum. Display her proudly!

And I can't wait to cheer you on for your next build - the mighty Wasa!!!
Thank you Doc! Your VASA will set the standard that all others will be compared to from here on out. I will be with you when you finally take her on her maiden voyage though. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

are you doing the wasa now
Hi smelly. I have only done some minor preparations such as purchase of upgrade blocking and planking. I've also done some CAD modeling of her to establish bulkhead spacing and an initial hull plank which will establish gun port locations and whaler locations . When I actually start construction I'll establish a build log
Vasa Ship.JPG beginning with unpacking of the model.Vasa Ship Whaler.JPG

Hi smelly. I have only done some minor preparations such as purchase of upgrade blocking and planking. I've also done some CAD modeling of her to establish bulkhead spacing and an initial hull plank which will establish gun port locations and whaler locations . When I actually start construction I'll establish a build log
View attachment 224834 beginning with unpacking of the model.View attachment 224835
I will be watching with lots of interest....

Back