HMS GRANADO 1:48 scale PoF CAF Model by Keith

Hi All. Here are some shots of Granado sporting her new coat of Clou, which l like a lot .
Very nice finish. It shows off your craftsmanship very well.

I assume you live somewhere other than the U.S., where Clou is available? Did you use the Clou sanding sealer, or another Clou product? The finish is a bit shinier than I'd expect with the sanding sealer.

Very nice finish. It shows off your craftsmanship very well.

I assume you live somewhere other than the U.S., where Clou is available? Did you use the Clou sanding sealer, or another Clou product? The finish is a bit shinier than I'd expect with the sanding sealer.
Hi. Thanks for your comments about Clou. I am actually English but I live in Spain and this product is available just about anywhere in Europe. I am using the sanding sealer G1 and yes l agree the finish is a little shiny but it brings out the richness of the wood without adding any color which l like very much

The Clou makes it glow!

Ha, poetry is art too, just like your work on this mortar boat. Looking awesome for such a FAST build!! Keep it up and keep sharing your wonderful work.
Thanks for your poetic reply Brad. That you like it makes me glad. l would like to keep on posting. Please don't think that I am boasting. I like to show how it's progressing and your likes are such a blessing. This is such an amazing kit. Unlike this reply which is . . .

Loading the shelves with 13 inch mortar bombs, mounting the racks in their positions inside the hull and adding the sides to form the forward mortar bomb store. The front and back walls with the doors will be next to be fitted to complete this part of the build. The whole structure is pretty solid and everything fits nicely into place

DSC08220.JPG

DSC08221.JPG

DSC08223.JPG

DSC08224.JPG

DSC08229.JPG

DSC08230.JPG

DSC08232.JPG

Hi Keith, It looks like a nice comprehensive kit, you’re certainly making a nice job of it, fairly quick too.

Hi Keith, It looks like a nice comprehensive kit, you’re certainly making a nice job of it, fairly quick too.
Hi Ken. Thanks for your comments. Yes, it's a great kit and real fun to work on as everything seems to fit well so far. The real test for these shot lockers will be if the top beams fit the height. I'll find out soon enough. How're you doing. What are you working on now?

Hi Keith. Just finished a build and log of Antio a harbour tug, ( something different.) I haven't decided what to build next, I'll wake up one morning with a lightbulb moment and know exactly what I should build. In the meantime I'm doing a log of an old build Royal William just to keep my hand in SOS. I hope all is still okay with your recovery. Ken

Loading the shelves with 13 inch mortar bombs, mounting the racks in their positions inside the hull and adding the sides to form the forward mortar bomb store. The front and back walls with the doors will be next to be fitted to complete this part of the build. The whole structure is pretty solid and everything fits nicely into place

View attachment 451877

View attachment 451878

View attachment 451879

View attachment 451880

View attachment 451881

View attachment 451882

View attachment 451883
Looks really cool. Hope you doing better Keith. Cheers Grant

Looks really cool. Hope you doing better Keith. Cheers Grant
Thank you Grant. l'm doing OK thanks for asking. Still have to go to the hospital 3 times a week as due to high sugar levels in my blood, the wound is not healing as quickly as it should. Type 2 diabetic but may have to go on insulin

Just catched up reading your progress on your Granado
First - very good progress for half year working
Second - very good work nad the CLOU treatment is looking also very good (sometimes some whipping the dry surface with fine steelwool is helping
Third -> you are on a very good way with your model
Summary: BRAVO

The shelves for the aft mortar bomb racks are now all in place and loaded with their full complement of shells. Side walls and doors are next to be fitted, which will complete this stage of the build. l have done a trial fit of the huge overhead beams and all appears to fit well. So, after cleaning them up, l shall feature these in my next post

DSC08246.JPG

DSC08248.JPG

DSC08249.JPG

DSC08250.JPG

DSC08254.JPG

DSC08256.JPG

DSC08257.JPG

The shelves for the aft mortar bomb racks are now all in place and loaded with their full complement of shells. Side walls and doors are next to be fitted, which will complete this stage of the build. l have done a trial fit of the huge overhead beams and all appears to fit well. So, after cleaning them up, l shall feature these in my next post

View attachment 453490

View attachment 453491

View attachment 453492

View attachment 453493

View attachment 453494

View attachment 453495

View attachment 453496
great work keep ! The shelves for the aft mortar bomb looks beautiful

Thank you for your interest in this build log and for your likes and comments. Both shot lockers for the mortar bombs are now complete, so it's time to do a dry fit of the mortar bed beams. The forward beams are a reasonable fit but a little clean up and adjustment is required before they are fitted permanently. l have just noticed 2 of the aft shelve panel assemblies have lifted slightly at the front. l hope this doesn't have too much affect on the beams for the aft mortar bed assebly. s Very annoying, l should have spent more time to check their position more carefully

DSC08258.JPG

DSC08259.JPG

DSC08263.JPG

DSC08266.JPG

DSC08268.JPG

DSC08271.JPG

DSC08274.JPG

DSC08284.JPG

DSC08286.JPG

Back