HMS GRANADO - full hull - POF kit by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

Hi, you can find mecanite also insite old micro-onde. The window betwen inside micro-onde and magnetron.

Hi, you can find mecanite also insite old micro-onde. The window betwen inside micro-onde and magnetron.
It seems, that google translate made something special out of your sentance - I do not really understand .....

Bonjour à tous. Il est possible de récuperer des rectangles de mica dans les vieux micro-onde. L'isolant entre le four et le magnétron qui émet les ondes est en mica. On ouvre le four et la plaque de mica tenue par 4 vis se trouve en haut à droite. Souvent les fours à micro onde ont été jetés à cause du fait que la plaque de mica a été transpercée par les ondes courtes.

Hello everyone. It is possible to recover rectangles of mica from old microwaves. The insulation between the oven and the magnetron which emits the waves is made of mica. We open the oven and the mica plate held by 4 screws is located at the top right. Often microwave ovens have been thrown away because the mica plate has been pierced by the short waves.

Bonjour à tous. Il est possible de récuperer des rectangles de mica dans les vieux micro-onde. L'isolant entre le four et le magnétron qui émet les ondes est en mica. On ouvre le four et la plaque de mica tenue par 4 vis se trouve en haut à droite. Souvent les fours à micro onde ont été jetés à cause du fait que la plaque de mica a été transpercée par les ondes courtes.

Hello everyone. It is possible to recover rectangles of mica from old microwaves. The insulation between the oven and the magnetron which emits the waves is made of mica. We open the oven and the mica plate held by 4 screws is located at the top right. Often microwave ovens have been thrown away because the mica plate has been pierced by the short waves.
Yes - correct - this is a very good hint where you have mica sheets - many thanks for this information
Screenshot 2024-02-05 132122.png

here are some MIKA available

Pour les effets de verre sur les fenêtres, j'avais repéré sur un autre forum une résine qui parait intéressante (produit utilisé dans le modélisme ferroviaire). Je ne l'ai pas essayé personnellement.

For the glass effects on the windows, I spotted a resin on another forum that seemed interesting (product used in model railways). I haven't tried it personally.

Technique effet verre.png

Last edited by a moderator:
pour l'effet verre, il existe également les feuilles cristal pour rétroprojecteur qui sont assez rigides et transparentes. Se découpent facilement. Mais je pense que le verre de l'époque était assez rustique pour les fenêtres.

for the glass effect, there are also crystal sheets for overhead projectors which are quite rigid and transparent. Cut easily. But I think the glass of the time was quite rustic for windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! very good present. I think mica is the best solution for this historic period.And mica sheet can also separate for more thin parts.

A very interesting discussion and also informations about Mica and alternatives
Many Thanks to all for participation and all the comments - and off course also the likes received

In the meantime all the treenails are installed (I did not count them, but a lot) and I sanded the outer hull and treated it with one layer of CLOU - it coming out nicely ......

Somehow boring (for some) to see a finished planking, but I like it, so maybe I posted too much photos of the result

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

the treenails are visible only when you get closer - an appearance, which I like: a little bit caulking, a little bit treenails, but not too much

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

and a total view

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

I realized, that some treenails where much lighter than others, so a small correction will be necessary and I will make on some spots new nails, but I am happy with the overall result

Many Thanks for your interest ...... to be continued ..... I am looking forward to read about your opinion, positive but also negative

Witaj
Piękne poszycie Uwe ja kołkowania bym nie poprawiał jest ok ale to twój model zrób jak ci serce dyktuje. Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
Beautiful upholstery, I wouldn't improve the pinning, it's ok, but it's your model, do what your heart dictates. Regards, Mirek

Back