HMS GRANADO - full hull - POF kit by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

Very nice work, Uwe. As for the partition wall, it seems to me that the boards are a bit too wide. I remember the prefabricated boards from Le Coureur and they fitted very well. I'm curious Uwe, what's the problem?
I think there is no problem - the problem was myself
Yes, the widths of the boards are slightly bigger than necessary, but I guess it was the idea to have enough meat for the char sanding.
This can be easily solved with sanding all baords slightly more or sanding one board much more
I was one year ago somehow in a rush - or I was not thinking about what to make - maybe it was the first interanl wall I prepared and did not check with the templates

But absolutely now problem - because I have spare walls - I will prepare only one side of the interior walls

on the top: template
center: the second made wall - out of the spare boards
down: the wrong wall named "without brain"

IMG_4280.jpg

still I have left and right some meat to adjust the wall for the real situation of the model

I think there is no problem - the problem was myself
Yes, the widths of the boards are slightly bigger than necessary, but I guess it was the idea to have enough meat for the char sanding.
This can be easily solved with sanding all baords slightly more or sanding one board much more
I was one year ago somehow in a rush - or I was not thinking about what to make - maybe it was the first interanl wall I prepared and did not check with the templates

But absolutely now problem - because I have spare walls - I will prepare only one side of the interior walls

on the top: template
center: the second made wall - out of the spare boards
down: the wrong wall named "without brain"

View attachment 433216

j’ai encore à gauche et à droite un peu de viande pour ajuster le mur à la situation réelle du modèle

I think Tom has changed the layout of the sheets since you got your's Uwe. He now supplies two sheets with the number 5A and a bigger, single separate sheet for 4B. My kit has the same problem as profmomo's of only one 5A sheet in the box. l got on to Tom and he is sending me a second sheet immediately. Amazing service from from this great company
Bonjour à Tous. Je viens de recevoir la plaque 5B qui manquait dans mon KIT N° 2. TOM a réagit très vite.

MHS.jpg

Very good news, that you received the spare parts directly from CAF - and so fast

I worked further with the intereior walls of the fore platform

Once more the "wrong" wall and behind the template - on the right door opening you can recognize the mistake with the wrong location of the door - ok, nobody would recognize, but ......

IMG_4275.jpg

the corrected wall at place (still everything dry fitted

IMG_4281.jpg

the transverse bulkhead between the boatswain´s cabin and the sail room

IMG_4282.jpg

on the left the sail room - on the right the boatswain´s cabin

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

after some time once more an overall view of the lower hull segment

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

Many Thanks for your interest in my building log .... to be continued .....

Very good news, that you received the spare parts directly from CAF - and so fast

Once more the "wrong" wall and behind the template - on the right door opening you can recognize the mistake with the wrong location of the door - ok, nobody would recognize, but ......

View attachment 434220

View attachment 434221

View attachment 434222

View attachment 434226

View attachment 434228

View attachment 434227

View attachment 434223

View attachment 434224

View attachment 434225

Beautiful and fun to look at!

View attachment 434220

View attachment 434221

View attachment 434222

View attachment 434226

View attachment 434228

View attachment 434227

View attachment 434223

View attachment 434224

View attachment 434225

Looking amazing Uwe. Beautifully done.

View attachment 434220

View attachment 434221

View attachment 434222

View attachment 434226

View attachment 434228

View attachment 434227

View attachment 434223

View attachment 434224

View attachment 434225

Good morning Uwek. It is fantastic to have the ship sawn in half as all this detail you add is displayed. It must be something all POF modellers strive for. No names mentioned however there is another beautifully crafted POF Kingfisher ;) being built with magic detail which will never to be seen….Anyway, stunning work as always. Cheers Grant

Many Many Thanks for all your interest, in the comments, likes and visits of my building log

Going further with the interior walls of the fore platform

The front bulkhead

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

and the aft wall to the galley room

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

at this stage I realized some points:
1) first of all it is looking strange with the walls hanging in the air without deckplanking -> maybe to cut them shorter or ..... ?

Once more a look at the Goodwin drawings

IMG_4300.jpg

IMG_4305.jpg

S..... I forgot completely that there is a galley stove and boiler

2) The stove needs to be on top of deck beams - hanging partly in the air is not a solution .....

Here you can see the base for the stove appr. in the correct place

IMG_4301.jpg

some more planks are necessary - definitely

IMG_4302.jpg

and here you see my final solution for this area => the walls are on top of deck planking and also the stove

IMG_4303.jpg

so here the final deck planking

IMG_4304.jpg

Many Thanks for your interest in my work and log .... to be continued .....

Many Many Thanks for all your interest, in the comments, likes and visits of my building log

Going further with the interior walls of the fore platform

The front bulkhead

View attachment 434705

View attachment 434706

and the aft wall to the galley room

View attachment 434707

View attachment 434708

at this stage I realized some points:
1) first of all it is looking strange with the walls hanging in the air without deckplanking -> maybe to cut them shorter or ..... ?

Once more a look at the Goodwin drawings

View attachment 434709

View attachment 434714

S..... I forgot completely that there is a galley stove and boiler

2) The stove needs to be on top of deck beams - hanging partly in the air is not a solution .....

Here you can see the base for the stove appr. in the correct place

View attachment 434710

some more planks are necessary - definitely

View attachment 434711

and here you see my final solution for this area => the walls are on top of deck planking and also the stove

View attachment 434712

so here the final deck planking

View attachment 434713

Many Thanks for your interest in my work and log .... to be continued .....
Hi Uwe.
The inside walls looks very nice.
I also had ‘the problem’ of the 'hanging in the air' ends of the walls. My choice was to shorten them right and place the points in the top part of the hull.
This accentuates the visual aspect of the possibility that both parts can be put together.
Now a viewer will almost immediately say: "But it doesn't fit together that way, does it?" Even if you consider not doing so. ;)
When you made them straight, they will say: “Aha, you can out both parts together!” Even if you consider not doing so. ;)
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
I agree with @Peter Voogt , like the drawing at number 30
IMG_4305.jpg

Excellent work Uwe. I find myself asking some of the same questions though my model will be in one piece. How much decking to include? How 'complete' should the buildout (walls, bulkheads) be? I realize it's builder's choice but, like you, I don't want to build something that is incoherent or nonsense...

Great to have your example to consider.

Back