HMS GRANADO - full hull - POF kit by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

Hallo my friends,
many thanks for your replies with the comments and suggestions - I have to consider these ideas especially for the one wall which will be close to the carrick bitt pin..... still I have some time to think about it

I added a little bit of the "iron"-works on the doors - the walls are still only dry fitted - but in the meantime the wood is treated with CLOU

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

and I realized, that the second bitt pin needs a notch through the deck planking

IMG_4317.jpg

Many Thanks for your interest in my log ....... to be continued .....

Hallo my friends,
many thanks for your replies with the comments and suggestions - I have to consider these ideas especially for the one wall which will be close to the carrick bitt pin..... still I have some time to think about it

I added a little bit of the "iron"-works on the doors - the walls are still only dry fitted - but in the meantime the wood is treated with CLOU

View attachment 435088

View attachment 435089

View attachment 435090

View attachment 435091

View attachment 435092

and I realized, that the second bitt pin needs a notch through the deck planking

View attachment 435093

Many Thanks for your interest in my log ....... to be continued .....
Good afternoon Uwek. Your work is brilliant. Some prison cells up front I see… ROTF . I don’t know if it will “grow” on you, however as you build more the effect of the bulkheads and cabin walls above the cut is becoming effective….My humble opinion. Cheers Grant

Witaj
Piękna praca i zdjęcia , bardzo podoba mi się zdjęcie przed ostatnie rzut z góry . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Witaj
When it comes to the area, you can also see the area in the mountains. Pozdrawiam Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Thanks to all for your comments, all the likes and the high interest in visiting my building log - highly appreciated and a big motivation

after the preparation of the walls of the fore platform, I jumped "backwards" to aft and worked some hours on the so called "after platform"

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg IMG_4310.jpg

It was already 1 1/2 years ago, in September 2022, when I was preparring already the first elements - now step by step I have to adjust and finalize them

I recongnized that at this time the "fore bulkhead of the lower rooms" (#20) was not really fitting the ciurvature of the iinner planking, so I added one more layer

IMG_4318.jpg

now these vertical planks are long enough to reshape the curve

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

much better than before

IMG_4324.jpg

nobody will see thes walls in the hold ..... but

IMG_4326.jpg

Many Thanks for your interest .... to be continued .....

Many Thanks to all for your comments, all the likes and the high interest in visiting my building log - highly appreciated and a big motivation

after the preparation of the walls of the fore platform, I jumped "backwards" to aft and worked some hours on the so called "after platform"

View attachment 435780

View attachment 435781 View attachment 435782

It was already 1 1/2 years ago, in September 2022, when I was preparring already the first elements - now step by step I have to adjust and finalize them

I recongnized that at this time the "fore bulkhead of the lower rooms" (#20) was not really fitting the ciurvature of the iinner planking, so I added one more layer

View attachment 435783

View attachment 435784

View attachment 435785

View attachment 435786

View attachment 435787

much better than before

View attachment 435788

View attachment 435790

Good afternoon Uwek…. From what I can see this is spot on. :D Cheers Grant

View attachment 435780

View attachment 435783

View attachment 435784

View attachment 435785

View attachment 435786

View attachment 435787

much better than before

View attachment 435788

View attachment 435790

No one will see the walls in the hold, but the man who built that beautiful ship will know! Fantastic work and skill.

View attachment 435780

View attachment 435783

View attachment 435784

View attachment 435785

View attachment 435786

View attachment 435787

much better than before

View attachment 435788

View attachment 435790

A nice build and nice pictures, Peter

Many Thanks my dear friends - Many Thanks for all your interest

working more on the bulkhead walls - here the after bulkhead magazing

IMG_4327.jpg

not so easy to adjust the outer form that they fit well with the interior hull planking

IMG_4328.jpg

Here I want to show the door towards the powder magazin open - also the small door towards the breadroom

IMG_4334.jpg

and the light box - glas is made out of Mica

IMG_4330.jpg

dryfit

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

More or less ready for final installation

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4336.jpg

Many Thanks for your interest in my work and building log .... to be continued ....

Question, when you assembled the frames I noticed that you removed the laser char before mating the parts. Did you make sure when the frames were complete that the frame matched the provided frame drawing exactly?

Back