HMS GRANADO - full hull - POF kit by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

Aby wykonać kolejne etapy pracy, nadszedł czas na mocowanie stępki na wręgach.
Trochę drobnych poprawek w haczykowych łączeniach szalika, ale wszystkie razem elementy keeson pasowały bardzo dobrze
- Użyłem standardowych miedzianych śrub do „mocowania” nadstępki z ramami i próbowałem wykonać technicznie poprawny schemat śrubowy pokazany w Deverse Books, takich jak Goodwin i Lavery

View attachment 313808

View attachment 313809

View attachment 313810

Wielkie dzięki za zainteresowanie moim dziennikiem budowy - chętnie otrzymuję komentarze (także krytyków, negatywnych i pozytywnych)

ciąg dalszy nastąpi .....
Witaj
Wiem że się powtarzam ,super praca . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
I know I'm repeating myself, great job. Regards Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Thanks to @Tobias , @Nomad , @Peter Voogt , @Mirek for the kind comments refering my post
Also many thanks to all of you for the likes received

In addition to the photos shown in post #140 I would like to show you also these ones
Visible is the keelson, I fixed the elements of the keelson before and installed after drying the complete on top of the frames
I think, that with this order I got a better result in the hook scarf joints - better than fixing them in situ on top of the farmes

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

Very nice, Uwe!
How did you eventually bend the beam clamps?

Ted
Hallo Ted,
the clamps are in moment onlyy prepared (bended) but not fixed.
Bending was done with simple soaking in water (room temperature) for appr. 15 minutes and using a bending iron.

I have this tool from Kolderstock and using usually the smaller head marked with the red arrow - it is producing enough heat, that the water in the wood is vaporized / steamed away

Plank bender 1.jpg

The visible bolts / nails in the clamp are installed afterwards

Thought that might be how you did it!
I usually heat in boiling water for a few minutes, then bend over a former, but have looked at the Kolderstock device and wondered how effective it would be. Might indulge myself!
Incidentally, the last really heavy bending I did was on 'Natterer' some years ago, when I bent the water-soaked mahogany ribs around a vertical piece of scaffold pole with a blowtorch heating the top. The bending was done below the blowtorch! - worked very well.

Ted

They have a 120 vac unit. I just ordered one. Hey, Luthiers can’t be wrong :)
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the one in post #147.

Please let us know what you think of the luthiers iron, I've nearly bought one for myself but currently don't need one so am holding off. I've seen different versions of this type in several places...Amazon, Ebay and AlliExpress to name the most common. You can also find them and small woodworking planes if you search for violin tools.

Uwe I apologize for my off topic.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the one in post #147.

Please let us know what you think of the luthiers iron, I've nearly bought one for myself but currently don't need one so am holding off. I've seen different versions of this type in several places...Amazon, Ebay and AlliExpress to name the most common. You can also find them and small woodworking planes if you search for violin tools.

Uwe I apologize for my off topic.
You can order the attachments from Kolderstok and use on your own iron

HI ALL I JUST GOT ONE FROM AMAZON $100.00 JUST NOW TRYING IT OUT THAT INCLUDES SHIPPING, MUCH CHEAPER THEN THE STEW MAC ONES, WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS AND SHOW SOME PICTURES I CAN NOT FIND AN ON/OFF SWITCH I JUST SET THE TEMPERTUREAT 200 DEGREES (F) AND PLUG IT IN IT TAKES ABOUT 15 MIN TO REACH TEMPERATURE AND IT GETS HOT BOY DOES IT GET HOT AND IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO COOL DOWN YOU CAN TURN THE TEMPERTURE TO ZERO BUT I DO NOT DO THAT I UNPLUG IT THE ALSO SELL A HOLDING STRAP FOR THE WOOD NOT SURE HOW THICK MATERIAL IT WILL BEND AND NOT SURE THE BEST TEMPERTURE TO BEND WOOD THE STRAP IS $40.00 INCL SHIPPING I ALSO HAVE THE KOLDERSTOCK HEADS ATTCHED TO MY SOLDERING IRON WITCH I GOT AT WALLMART SO IF ANYONE IS FAMILAR WITH MY QUESTIONS ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Hello Uwe,
I am at the same stage as you with the Granado build, but was really struggling to get the curved timber pieces done. Perhaps Tom should consider reprocessing these parts to make it easier for the model builder.
I have put my model aside for awhile to start another build.

Hello Uwe,
I am at the same stage as you with the Granado build, but was really struggling to get the curved timber pieces done. Perhaps Tom should consider reprocessing these parts to make it easier for the model builder.
I can not imagine in moment, how Tom could make these parts different.
The clamps inside are like the wales outside - thicker planks which have to be bended (somehow)
I do not know, how you make the bending of thicker planks .....?

Hello Uwe,
I can not imagine in moment, how Tom could make these parts different.
The clamps inside are like the wales outside - thicker planks which have to be bended (somehow)
I do not know, how you make the bending of thicker planks .....?

Bryian and Uwek. I am a little lost on this discussion. As I have the model I would like to understand what is the issue with the bending.

Uwek, I see your pictures on posting #145.
Bryian I am not understanding why for you, with your experience and skills the bending of that piece is a problem. That scares me.

I am not seeing/understanding the issue.

Uwek, May I kindly ask if with pictures or drawings you can explain me how that piece need to be curved that makes it so difficult to achieve.

Thank you guys !!!!
Daniel

Back