HMS Ontario 1780 Cross Section scale 1:32 1.0(Version 1)

yea but I dont have the $1000+ for the set wished I did though
There is the complete drawing set in scale 1:48 available without the 4 books. I think for less than 100 Euro. And the four books are re-launched for appr. 410 Euros ...... do not buy them used - too expensive.
You can order them in English new from ancre.....

The four books in english (but you do not need volume 4 to build the model)
https://ancre.fr/en/basic-books/9-v...a-collection.html#/tome-the_set_4_vol_english

Last edited:
I looked it's just shy of 600 us withplans and that is before shipping. Still above my head. I do have the left flouron book withplans but I was more interested in his original method books than the monographie like the fleur on. Maybe after holidays and if I get this promotion I can afford

Frames:
The 21 double frames were generated from the body plan, each frame consists of 14 pieces. This is a few progress photos of the frame assembly and the gantry style jig I am using for this project.
I attach the frame patterns to 1/4' thick sheets of beechwood and use a band saw to cut out the pieces, after they are sanded the notches shown on the patterns are rough cut and finished with hand files in a vice.
I like to use a sheet of 1/8” thick plastic IMG_1797.JPGIMG_1798.JPGIMG_1799.JPGIMG_1800.JPGIMG_1802.JPGIMG_1804.JPGIMG_1808.JPGIMG_1810.JPGIMG_1811.JPGIMG_1812.JPGIMG_1815.JPGIMG_1887.JPGover the frame plan to assemble and glue the pieces together, when the frame is dry by twisting the plastic the frame pops off without difficulty.
The two sides of the double frames were glued and held together with 1” spring clamps, the inside of the frames is sanded with a drum sander in a drill press or spindle sande

Many thanks for the details showing us - very informative update !!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments.
I am using a gantry style building board, see description here https://www.shipsofscale.com/sosforums/index.php?threads/building-board-gantry-type.1331/ This style of board is re-useable and always ready for a new project.

Attaching the keel to the building board:
Attach the hold drawing to the building board and drill holes for the keel mounting supports, two 1/8” diameter brass tubes glued into the keel the supports are not glued to the building so the hull can be removed.
The followings photos show the keel and a few frames being dry fitted.

IMG_1879.JPGIMG_1880.JPGIMG_1881.JPGIMG_1883.JPGIMG_1885.JPGIMG_1886.JPGIMG_1888.JPG

Hi Joe,
The gantry style building board is easy to make, and the most expensive parts are the T-Track and related accessories. I think you will like the access you have to your model with this type of jig.
Mike

Don, the Bom is still far out, probably will be ready and finalized with the planset once the cross section is done,few months I guess.

Hi Don,
Zoly is right, as I construct the prototype, I find better ways do things and make improvements this stuff affects the drawings and the BOM. I think we will have fewer problems if we have a proven set of drawings to extract a BOM from. Most of the problems we had with the Blandford Project was caused by using unchecked drawings. I expect there will be questions with this build but not as many as we had with the Blandford.
With the holidays coming up it will be March or April before the drawings are released. Thanks for your understanding.
Mike

Back