HMS Ontario 1780 scale 1:32 POB full version

The deck clamp will be made up in two layers,what you see now at the bow is the lower layer,later I move on and install the rest of the lower layer,the upper layer will accept the deck beams and horizontal lodging knees .
Just for an idea what is coming

23A8B51B-C3F1-48A0-9B88-062F9A844C70.jpeg

I decided to paint red the gunports,so for start I sealed the planking inboard to stop bleeding in the red paint in case of overflow

58803036-6A6D-4A35-A19D-36410FC31DBE.jpeg

And here are the painted gunports,the paint is very thin as I diluted it 10 folds with water,so they will require at least 8 coats.

A94F90C9-1798-4C17-87BE-78EB52E9AC65.jpeg853FE2DC-7409-46B9-B128-B04420F83580.jpeg7595BF2F-6BBB-41AE-BF51-EFFE09A082F2.jpeg

Zoltan,
just catching up with this. I read from where I left off last time. Remarkable execution of details and planning ahead. Interesting about your keel attached before bottom planking is done. Your long reach clamps. I wish I had some.
I have some small clamps that have the"swivel" ends. That little swivel ends drives me nuts. They won't stay still. At least the kind I have is horrible.

Zoltan,
just catching up with this. I read from where I left off last time. Remarkable execution of details and planning ahead. Interesting about your keel attached before bottom planking is done. Your long reach clamps. I wish I had some.
I have some small clamps that have the"swivel" ends. That little swivel ends drives me nuts. They won't stay still. At least the kind I have is horrible.
Thank you Donnie!

I started to glue in the margin planks and the same time working on calking of the scarf joints,very time consuming to position the small paper parts between the joints.
yes, Zoly it may be a bit of time-consuming, but in the end, you will be rewarded with the beautiful deck, representing nice caulking. Great work, mate!!

Your patience will be rewarded.I have used every technique and this looks the best IMHO on a "clean model".This only works well on larger scales and looks too much on smaller ones.
I say "clean" because Dimitry Shevelev bevels his planks and applies no caulking.The model is then "aged" using a bituminous home brew covering the model.This sits in the grouves between the planks and creates the caulking.This ages the entire model.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Your patience will be rewarded.I have used every technique and this looks the best IMHO on a "clean model".This only works well on larger scales and looks too much on smaller ones.
I say "clean" because Dimitry Shevelev bevels his planks and applies no caulking.The model is then "aged" using a bituminous home brew covering the model.This sits in the grouves between the planks and creates the caulking.This ages the entire model.

Kind Regards

Nigel
Usually I am aging with my model,using bitumen for makeup,caulking my wrinkles. Lol

...not for nothing, I like Dima's technique (beveling). It looks sharp. But only on large scale models.

Back