HMS Ontario 1780 scale 1:32 POB full version

Looking great, Zoly. You have made some nice progress!!
Thanks Jim!!

Beautiful work zoly, love the scarph in your waterway.
Thanks Maarten ,I am not really satisfied with the scarph joints,I might redo them ,they do not fit properly at the joints.

Good progress zoly, I like the way you lay the deck, I can't wait to see how this work is done, exciting, thank you.
Thanks Knut,I am looking forward to this planking,never did margin planks.

Very clean and accurate execution - I do not know if the planking was done with a hook scarf joint in the margin plank - looking very interesting
Thanks Uwe,not sure either but looks good.

Zoltan, sorry about the flood of likes, but this has been an amazing journey so far and I'm not even a third of the way trough your build log. I only wish I had followed sooner than just now. More likes to follow!
Thanks Shane!!

Great work Zoly, keep up the good work.
Thanks Mike!!

That is some serious wood jointing Zolly.My interpretation(which maybe wrongROTF) is that the scarphs are to reduce failure due to keel hogging.As the vessels keel can deflect this causes tension/compression on the deck structure which in turn puts planking fixings under sheer forces.This helps stiffen the structure and prevents failure of the fixings.This is quite common with English practice as you do not have binding strakes in the deck structure like ships from France.

Kind Regards

Nigel

That is some serious wood jointing Zolly.My interpretation(which maybe wrongROTF) is that the scarphs are to reduce failure due to keel hogging.As the vessels keel can deflect this causes tension/compression on the deck structure which in turn puts planking fixings under sheer forces.This helps stiffen the structure and prevents failure of the fixings.This is quite common with English practice as you do not have binding strakes in the deck structure like ships from France.

Kind Regards

Nigel
Thanks Nigel!! I am lucky that they did not make scarph joints one every single planks Lol

Back