HMS Victory 1:96 based on Shipyard

Hi for the first part of the frame A1 - A5 are these stuck on one made up sheet of 1mm one side A1 - A5 the other side A3 - A4 or 2× 1mm stuck together one for left part of frame A1 - A3 and one for right A4-A5 then one and one glued on a seperate one for left A4 - A5 glued together to make a 2mm to make a BowTo Stern Frame let me know please thanks i have done the two 1mm glued together fo

It took me a long time to accept the new yellow pinky color, so I do not agree with the green one.;) A joke would be more credible if they stated that Victory would be painted again in the old yellow shade. Then I would probably be fooled. :)

Last edited:
Great build log. Hopefully your build is rewarding for you as it is for us to review!
I will definitely utilize some of your detailed techniques for my present build.
Thanks again!

I did start a build log in the forum. Hopefully it’s started in the right place. USS Constitution. I’ve only begun research and build planning at this stage. Miniature, scratch build, tenuous at best.
Regards

Superb Kartonist skill. One is fooled into believing this is a wood build and in a manner it is because card/paper are from wood. I have had this kit/book and sold it because I figured I would never build her. It is a complicated model just building as it comes. But you my friend have elevated this build into another realm. I only know of three such people able to build in this fashion and they all are from EU. I look forward to more of your mad skills. I wonder what if....Shipyard ever did this as a all laser cut kito_O.
Rick

Next step was to make an upper gun deck.

View attachment 53268
View attachment 53269

I’d like to present my way of making the deck planks
First of all, veneer should be moist when cutting. Therefore before cutting, I keep it in water for about 30 min. Cutting with knife is much easier when veneer is wet and there is no need to worry about chipping off the wood.
I’ve made a small jig for cutting, which helps me to achieve equal width of each plank. Important thing is to soak the edges of the jig with CA glue; due to this, the cardstock keeps still the same size. Making planks, I cut the veneer twice or three times. I’ m trying not to do it with single cut because it’s harder to achieve straight edge of plank.

View attachment 53270

View attachment 53271

Another jig has been made for “forming” planks into bundles and sanding their edges. The jig consist of two elements: into the first I lay down the planks and after that insert all into the groove in the second element. Due to this the planks block and do not move when sanding.

View attachment 53273

View attachment 53274

View attachment 53275

Next I apply onto one sanded surface the thin layer of glue (I use Pattex for wood), so that paint do not soak into the plank. Then I paint this “glued” surface with black acrylic paint, which imitates caulking. When everything is dry I cut up the bundles for single planks using razor-blade.

View attachment 53276

View attachment 53277

View attachment 53278

Each plank was cut to the proper lenght using the jig.

View attachment 53280

To have a smooth deck surfice firstly I scratch the veener with the blade, as shown beneath.

View attachment 53281

Treenails had been made, using cut off and sharpened at the end, hypodermic needle. Needle needs to be only gently pressed to the veneer and twisted several times.

View attachment 53282
In my own opinion, for the imitations of caulking in this scale enough is marking edges of planks by simple pencil HB.

Hallo @Paragraf ,
we from SOS wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your day
Birthday-Cake

Back