HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Hi all. I purchased two sets of 4 guns manufactured by RBmodel. Purchase was from Cornwall Boats. This is UK based company. As always I enjoyed every minute dealing with Cornwall. They are great service and best lowest prices shipping to Canada. (3 times lower than from USA). These 8 guns are intended for quarterdeck and front. Mamoli guns are out of scale and low quality cast (25 mm long instead of 29 mm long) and carriages do not match either.
In new kits I got the barrels are of best possible quality. They are turned brass. Due to my perfectionism I am reworking all carriages. Problem with them is that all notches in wooden cheeks intended for guns and axles are in wrong locations or / and way too deep. I plugged in all notches as you see on attached picture and plan machining new notches. It would be great better if manufacturer does not cut any notches on these cheeks saving me a day of work. In general this is a very good purchase as money versus quality. I am very happy buying these gun sets.

3811951A-4939-4998-B9F2-848307D896E9.jpeg

Last edited:
been debating between a proxxon mill and a proxxon lathe... for that that poor Yt has spent.. he could of bought all these fancy toys.I just ordered about 500 new dead eyes.. ... YT,, you are an excellent worker... get away from the Mamoli garbage..your victory will be a one for the ages..

Hi all. I purchased two sets of 4 guns manufactured by RBmodel. Purchase was from Cornwall Boats. This is UK based company. As always I enjoyed every minute dealing with Cornwall. They are great service and best lowest prices shipping to Canada. (3 times lower than from USA). These 8 guns are intended for quarterdeck and front. Mamoli guns are out of scale and low quality cast (25 mm long instead of 29 mm long) and carriages do not match either.
In new kits I got the barrels are of best possible quality. They are turned brass. Due to my perfectionism I am reworking all carriages. Problem with them is that all notches in wooden cheeks intended for guns and axles are in wrong locations or / and way too deep. I plugged in all notches as you see on attached picture and plan machining new notches. It would be great better if manufacturer does not cut any notches on these cheeks saving me a day of work. In general this is a very good purchase as money versus quality. I am very happy buying these gun sets.

View attachment 195824
The scale of the cannon barrel to the carriage and axles/wheels looks very good. What scale are those? I"ll be looking for their finished and mounted views. Rich (PT-2)

I would start to get properly prepared.
Face Mast???? Oh yes . . . as a marauding boarder to pillage the ship, I don't want to be identified after the facet! After all, only face bandana face masks worked for the bad hombres in the old westerns. . . black and white which was a fashion setting trend for black masks of today. ;-) Rich the masked (PT-2)

I asked just to ensure community sees magnitude of issues I had with the kit. All carriages will be painted yellow and we will see no trace of plugging at the end.
The plugging (Dutchmen) of the carriage does not show unless specifically look for and then it will be concealed behind the wheels. The carriage sides width looks right but the wheels are somewhat too "fat" to my eye. The barrels are really nice. Good work.. Rich (PT-2)

Back