HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Question is how kit makers had a nerve to provide this? It would take same money and amount of time to make at least the kind I made today.
Actually, answers are on the surface and not that difficult. Most of the kit manufacturers simply don't care. They made unify parts so they are suitable for many other kits in their lines. They need to make a kit profitable e.g. the cost of the kit to make it and as much revenue from this kit to have while selling it. They also have to make sure they can sell the kit. So they have to find that balance between the production cost and actual sale cost. They would use cheap materials and low-cost fittings.
Today's technology allows having that balance, and makers make their kits affordable while supplying the finest timber (boxwood, Pearwood) and great quality fittings and carvings. Tom from CAF and Trident Model would be some of them.

This is a straight road to business failure. I have no compassion to such manufacturers.
True, but...Memory as the kit manufacture self-established many years ago. They were popular (and still) among some modelers mostly for 'affordability' not attention to details. In fact, you are the one who bought their kit ;) and bashing the hell out of it... I am happy that today we have many choices what kit manufacture to choose from, and what ship to build.

It doesn't matter how long it takes you to make it, the name will be the same. :p But it does look very good! But... if I didn't know you as a 'perfectionist' i wouldn't bother to suggest. You may add very important detail if scale permits. Imitate the bearings using the brass tube. Also the 'crank' for the 'Bell' a bit of scale (too big) IMHO.

29273DEA-0FED-4BDF-A7CA-A63712CAD5A7.jpg

It doesn't matter how long it takes you to make it, the name will be the same. :p But it does look very good! But... if I didn't know you as a 'perfectionist' i wouldn't bother to suggest. You may add very important detail if scale permits. Imitate the bearings using the brass tube. Also the 'crank' for the 'Bell' a bit of scale (too big) IMHO.

View attachment 199752
If we're going to be picky.....it's crooked..... ;) I'm sure that's just the picture.... YT would never allow that to happen :)

Thanks for feedback Jimsky. But no. That’s it. This is as far as I go with this thing. Whatever name you call it.
It is called a belfry, you can send it to me, I will modify it for you! :cool: Does the roof come with the kit or you made it from scratch?

Back