HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Your wishes were granted. Pins were added for rocking the bell. Handle painted black. The bell now rocks!
Here you go, Y.T. just a little touch, makes the belfry completed! I am sure, you like it as well. :cool:

I was kidding.... :)

I wish one day I could do the same. I have the Victory boxed and the reason I am following you is because of the quality of your built. This log will be my guide when the time will come to open the box.

The issue, for me, is that I need to request the Chinese developers to stop launching new models. I am not sure when I will have a brake to build it.....JA JA JA :)

Cheers
Daniel
Is your Victory also a Mamoli.... of so... good luck

WOW. You are now a kit collector. Thumbs-Up I am really interested what Chinese kit you have. I am sure they are better than any old European ones.

All the listed ones are from China and all bought to ZHL

Now thinking of what to do next with my Victory (this is really became now a good question) and listening to this (Mr. Jimsky enspired me, I did not listen to AC/DC for a dacade):

Soleil Royal
Royal Caroline 1:50
These two are ones I would not mind to have. I though have no idea when my Victory will be finished. It might be as with some heroine of Gabriel García Márquez's book. All her life she was embroidering a funerary shroud she would be buried in. This process has been lingering for decades. When she finished - she died.

All her life she was embroidering a funerary shroud she would be buried in. This process has been lingering for decades. When she finished - she died.
...at least she completed her funerary shroud, so it will be in use. :D

I found I feel discouraged doing a repetitive work. Example is there are over 70 to 80 gun-ports I have to address. Even though I have fantastic brass etched gun lid fittings from Daniel from Germany I hesitate jumping on this job as it has lots or repetitive steps. Things I most enjoy are someting I had never done before and require good deal of design preparation. As these turned gun deck pillars were or belfry for example. So I am at a cross road now.

I found I feel discouraged doing a repetitive work. Example is there are over 70 to 80 gun-ports I have to address. Even though I have fantastic brass etched gun lid fittings from Daniel from Germany I hesitate jumping on this job as it has lots or repetitive steps. Things I most enjoy are someting I had never done before and require good deal of design preparation. As these turned gun deck pillars were or belfry for example. So I am at a cross road now.

Go and buy the Statenjacht Pegasus. Nothing is repetitive in the model and you will apply all your creativity and design planning in each step.

This is the main reason I step away (at least for now) to build large ships, No...not because of repetitive work, because it is a multi-year project! Because every year the interest fazed out and you would need a spark to continue with the project. Maybe it is just me?
You may take a break from the Victory...and get a smaller project like Leudo from Falconet or Steam cutter from Piroscaf. Both are very precision kits, and wouldn't require modifications (bash), just assemble and enjoy every part of the build. Both are designed well and comes on a large scale. You will not regret it at all, and with your skills, it will take you a few months to complete. I guarantee you will be addicted!
Leudo Venisiano you can purchase from Egor @craftysailor he is local to you, you may get the kit in a few days. Steam cutter from Piroscaf will take more time to deliver as it will come from Russia. Dmitry from @Piroscaf announced a Christmas discount so you may get a bargain. Both kist we have a kit review on SOS. I encourage you to check out. Postpone the Victory build... ;)

Back