HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

They look excellent- very realistic.
What technique did you use on the carronades- Blackening/Blueing solution or Matt acrylic paint with graphite dust?

Today I got myself an excellent new year gift I have to share with my brethren. There’s this issue with holding small shank drill bits 0.3 to 0.6 mm diameter into a “dentist” extension cord by Proxxon. About a year ago I bought this extension chuck. It is unusable as has awful runout. it is made of pliable steel with no much precision. I had broken numerous bits with it. Here’s a picture of a bad chuck. I don’t recommend buying this .3E065EC3-E192-4E55-B781-AF0C6E861262.jpeg

... this site does not accept video files. I will post a video as long as I post it on YouTube. Happy New year

Last edited:
I went to buy these gun port lid fittings as I 1) don’t like Mamoli supply 2) do not want spend time making my own 3) ones I got look great and probably better than ones I would do myself.
View attachment 182179

Happy New Year YT, your build is looking better everytime I check in. I've been on hold with my build for a while, been trying to finish off the house jobs and 3 of us had covid in the house , so we've been doing other things for a while!!

I love these gun port lid hinges my friend, I take it there isn't that much difference in size between 1:90 and 1:100, seriously thinking of buying a set.

Y.T. - I can’t tell you how much I’m impressed by your build approach and meticulous attention to detail. I am completely blown away by the museum quality of your build. I see it, but it’s difficult to believe how you’ve transformed the basic Mamoli kit. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Back