HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Always forgetting to put a metric ruler against the product.
View attachment 197364
No comments??? That is like the judge admonishing the jury to disregard that last statement!!! My only comment is that I think that the barrel is too glossy and highlight shine is distracting but that is probably because of the lighting. How does this little popper look aboard? Nice work. Rich (PT-2)

Now that we know the lathe of your liking. . . what is it and from where? My battery drill does not do the job without the end pin and track. Rich (PT-2)

Something like this one:

You have it in 100 to 300 W (last more powerful). Check youtube videos "mini lathe".

Daniel

Wow, this is like a complete toolset! I'm kinda guessing that some of those tools will never be used, but who knows? Not bad for a tag price. I've seen just a lathe of this kind for $40,00 bucks. Many thanks, Daniel for sharing the link. :)

Y.T. can provide us details of what he has. I do not want to side track his amazing build log. But I will say, Jimsky, that the 300W mini lathe of this type is around $150 dollars. I knew it because last month I did a lot of search to buy one. I was afraid to buy the 100W and the 300W price was near the mini proxxon lathe. So I ended buying the proxxon for $200 just because you can feed a 7 mm diameter wood from the back. So you are not limited to the wood length piece, but limited by the 7 mm diameter size.

Nevertheless, there is a youtube video of a guy showing how he extended the base of Y.T. mini lathe to accommodate longer wood pieces.

Y.T. what power has your model?

It is very nice to see what you are building with that mini lathe. I was really hesitant to buy one thinking in a poor quality product. But now I see you are using it and is working well to our hobby. FANTASTIC !!

Thanks Y.T. for showing your work!!

Daniel

Back