HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

I don’t know how I did all I had done on this model without it.
...for the most part, if you have to rip your own planks, or you are mostly building models from the kit, you don't need a tablesaw. But..., it is a very good tool to own and make one step close to scratch building. :cool:

I was saying I stop at the hull and will do not make the masts and the rigging. Well. I changed my mind. Starting building the masts. What a task, I tell you. This is more difficult than the hull! Tapering the masts is a first challenge. I think though I overcame it. Next are masts cheeks. This is real challenge !

98CBEFFC-8905-4452-BC9D-AE0661D4175C.jpeg

...for the most part, if you have to rip your own planks, or you are mostly building models from the kit, you don't need a tablesaw. But..., it is a very good tool to own and make one step close to scratch building. :cool:
Yes. For the most part only if one does not do anything beyond gluing together the parts from a well made kit, the table saw is not required. But for anything beyond that the saw is a necessity. Besides, any gentleman should have in their possession a plane and a table saw as a minimum. Just kidding.

Last edited:
Good morning Y.T. Your Victory is a work of art. You have skills! I certainly understand why you chose not to do the rigging however I was waiting with anticipation for it. None the less a beautiful rendition of this majestic ship. Cheers Grant

I think the idea of the stub masts and bow sprint are a grand idea, but to match the beauty and details of the hull, they would need to be finished and outfitted like real masts up to the height they are cut off at.

A plain stick would not due justice to the work done.

So happy to have discovered this log. I’ve had the same kit on my shelf for years and have been afraid to start due to the complexities involved. Now that I’ve relocated to the PNW and it’s starting to rain, I think I will finally begin. Thank you for the inspiration and I will keep you posted.

Back