HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Off to a good start.
Yeah. Now I think I can do it. It took me a few months thinking on how, before I tried to make it. This is not just this yard (which because of its length does not fit in any of my tools). Those are very complicated cheeks of the fore and main mast which made me thinking long.

Last edited:
thank you for you posts I have started my hms victory but I am unclear on the instructions. I am at the start of the build and have been looking at you post but unfortunately some of you starting photos are not loading.

i am at the stage where I am putting the grating on the First deck. it states to match it with table B. what I can work out is the instruction state to match with the table. what I am hoping is you an help me with the sizing.
do I place the grate in the plans and cut to size as counting the plans the there is 17 holes but when I make the grid the is only 16.

sorry for putting this on wonderful post but not sure how to message you privately
russ

Hi, Russ. I will help you for sure. Please show some pictures which would reveal what your issue is. I am not sure what means "...the grating on the First deck.." means. Give me some reference points so I can understand.

so the First photo is a complete grid second pic is the table on the plans. counting the plans there is 17 squares but the kit only goes to 16. is the plans scale size. meaning place the grid in the plans and cut it to size? whilst here for the decking is it the light wood strips or the dark strips. all the plans say it item LG but does not state what it is as there is no key on the plans
thank again for the help

WIN_20221231_23_07_59_Pro.jpg

WIN_20221231_23_08_22_Pro.jpg

Here is Unimat mill incarnation. I added a dial gauge readout. Mill without a readout control is not a mill.
Mill without a readout control is - Mill, but...without a readout control. :D :D :p It is a nice setup, Yura. I wonder what this Unimat package contained. I this a combination of a lathe and a mill? how much did you pay?

I wonder what this Unimat package contained. I this a combination of a lathe and a mill?

Hi Jimsky. this is a lathe which can be converted into a different machines with the accessories. I got accessories for a mill, a drill press, a grinding machine, a jig / sabre saw. Also got a lot of drill/mill bits and lathe cutters. Some of the accessories are very useful for me. Some are less useful. See attached manual if you are interested.

Attachments

• Emco_Unimat_SL_english.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 39
The garboard in a real ship is heavier and wider than the other planks.
I normally always install a keel plank. I do not know other way to plank a hull. After I have keel and shear strake planks installed I full in a big gap between them. So this is what I did this time again. I installed a keel plank on both sides. I consider this a big achievement worth celebration. Which I did as well.
default_cheers.gif

View attachment 159473View attachment 159474View attachment 159475

That is exactly what I mean, laser etshing is perfect for some parts but most of the modern kits are supplied with laser etsching for parts where it is not suitable for but being a cheap replacement.
I too agree, I scratch built the stern of my Mantua Le Superbe. The kit had etched 1 mm ply not brass though.

Mamoli closed due to the fact their factory burned down. Don't know if it was an unsatisfied customer.(-:

Great improvement with the letters.
Dusek now market Mamoli - I've just purchased their Golden Hind which does look a well produced kit. My very first wood build (1983) was Mamoli Blue Shadow which I found to be very good, but as we all know all good things must come to an end with 'progress backwards' ;):confused:

Working on stern window posts I realized I have to have a precision disc sander the one which will allow me to sand post edges under certain angle in X-X and Y-Y axis. Doing this using my eye and sanding blocks appeared to be much too tedious and less than accurate enough. I purchased this new unit thinking I return it back to Amazon if it appeares to be no good. Unit made in China. I started to work on it and I am very happy with it. I can do on it exactly what I need. Disc wobble relative to table is 0.004" I consider this wobble being negligible. I doubt any other sander has better disc wobble characteristic. I can change disc speed in range 1150-3600 RPM. Motor has plenty of torque even at slowest speed. I connected my Hoover vacuum cleaner to it and have zero dust when I work. From what I learned it is pretty much an affordable substitute for Proxxon 5" disc sander.
View attachment 107305
I have this one,but sold by Aldi.

Back