HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Y.T. I think this is the best Mamoli HMS Victory version I have seen to date. Your woodworking skills are excellent! Bravo on the masts and spars, they look amazing!
I see you are using the kit's ropes. If I may say so, it doesn't fit the quality of your woodworking abilities at all. Your countryman BenD, a member of this forum sells high quality rope (handmade) ropesofscale.com. Just send him a PM and perhaps he knows what types of thickness etc you need. It will complement the fantastic work you allready have done.
Just great work! Thumbs-Up

Peter

Incredible workmanship have been following this thread with great interest !!!
Well done for your skills and perserverance YT

Hello Uriy, an absolutely extraordinarily beautiful piece of work, very precise and finely done. I had a lot of catching up to do, unfortunately one or the other contribution gets lost in the large number of extraordinary buildings and it is very easy to lose track.

how you came to such an exact way to make this tiny perforazon so good equispaced and aligned?
Hi, etubino. Believe it or not I did this with with my eyes, ruler and pencil. I marked 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees spots. Then by eye the spots equidistant from marked ones. Then using same strategy did them all. Did necessary corrections when my eye told me that something is not right.

Last edited:
Thanks all for kind words. I really appreciate it. Now I am starting to face a dust problem. How would I keep a dust away while I’m working on the project? You know I am working very slow and a piece of torn plastic bag doesn’t provide much protection. Dust still accumulates. Please help!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Our friend Johann has the same problem and has come up with a solution, maybe it would be a possibility for you too. Here is the link to his article.

Post in thread 'La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette'
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/la-créole-1827-by-archjofo-scale-1-48-french-corvette.7643/post-336472
Beautiful work on the masts and spars Y.T.

I agree totally with Tobias, a display case is a great idea, something you will probably need any way.

Cheers,
Stephen.

My first wooden ship kit back in 1983 was Mamoli's 'Blue Shadow', which, as an introduction to wooden ships, worked out very good for me, despite not finishing her until 2018! I've part built the Mamoli/Dusak Golden Hind, which I've found let down by the paper printed decor strips, I've not used these, instead I painted them on to pre-shaped veneer, then stuck them to the hull.
Great kit bashing! I rest my case!

Now is as good a time as any for a case for the Victory. She's very ready to be enjoyed, admired and kept safe while she awaits completion.
Beautiful work on the masts and spars Y.T.

I agree totally with Tobias, a display case is a great idea, something you will probably need any way.

Cheers,
Stephen

Double WOW! And I like shiny parts. On image .0167 you have a "flying bridge" with gratings in it on the bow sprit. Looks like a test fit to me, because it was there and then gone. How did you mount the sheaves in the bottom of the mast tops? I see no center axle for the sheave to spin on. Amazing detail on this beautiful ship. Truly impressed. Truly.

Back