HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Trying to master the rigging blocks. So far smallest I can do are 3 mm tall. But probably can do a little smaller. I feel their appearance now improved due to changing a cutter profile. Finally I started using a boxwood. Before I was afraid to screw up a rare material. Most important now I can make as many as I want and of any size and number of sheaves. Also any shape is possible. Victory rigging will require all sizes from 2.5 to 10 mm. If I wanted I could have mass produced them. Fortunately I am not in this business. Just having fun.

IMG_0296.jpeg

IMG_0298.jpeg

IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0293.jpeg

Last edited:
Draw a sketch so I can understand what you are referring to.
Good day
I receive a a present a Mamoli 1:90 HMS Victory, but it did not come complete. There are mising the sails and the parts that come on top of the cannon ports. I made some with dental cement, but they did not work. (see the pictures of them) Does anyone knows if they are sold or have an extra ones i buy them, to make molds and copy them? (Sorry for my english). And also plans or drawings of the sails? Regards >From Medellin; Colombia

Captura de pantalla 2024-01-20 a la(s) 8.34.41 a. m..png

There are mising the sails and the parts that come on top of the cannon ports.
Hi. Sails were not a part of a Mamoli kit I have. So there is no drawings. As to wriggles above gun ports I made my own template out of wood and copied it with some epoxy paste for all the whole ship. You can roll back this building log. I show some details of how I did it.

Good day
I receive a a present a Mamoli 1:90 HMS Victory, but it did not come complete. There are mising the sails and the parts that come on top of the cannon ports. I made some with dental cement, but they did not work. (see the pictures of them) Does anyone knows if they are sold or have an extra ones i buy them, to make molds and copy them? (Sorry for my english). And also plans or drawings of the sails? Regards >From Medellin; Colombia

View attachment 422420
Here you go (drip shields)...

Hi. Sails were not a part of a Mamoli kit I have. So there is no drawings. As to wriggles above gun ports I made my own template out of wood and copied it with some epoxy paste for all the whole ship. You can roll back this building log. I show some details of how I did it.
Thanks a lot!!!

Here you go (drip shields)...

Thank you Paul

Good day

View attachment 422420
I always check with HisModel.com. They usually have sails and cannons for various ships. Check with them. You'll be impressed!

Bill

Great idea that I will remember. Rich (PT-2)
Are all the pieces brass? What type of solder did you use? The brass cranes that came with by Corel cross-section kit and brass rod do not want to take resin-core solder and do not make a good sound connection.

A few questions:

I am at a point in my cross section build where I'm installing hammock cranes. Like you, I'm not thrilled with the pieces that Corel included in its kit. I made a jig similar to yours that was helpful. I tried to solder (resin-core) a brass planking nail to the bracket (brass as well) but it didn't hold at all well. The only thing that has worked so far is epoxy. I'd rather have something a bit more secure. Did you make yours using three parts? Resin or acid core or silver solder?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Back