HMS Victory Mantua 1:78 (first build) by Grant Tyler

Good morning.

My progress on the Starboard quarter Davits. As mentioned previously my PS are rigged in the stowed position while my Starboard side is busy launching my Pinnace.

It is very bright in my pub today so pics are over exposed a tad. Once I have tied off the tackle and levelled the Pinnace I will send better pic’s tomorrow morning.
View attachment 351427View attachment 351428View attachment 351429

Cheers Grant
The small boat on the side gives her a lively look. Well done, Grant.
Regards, Peter

Wow! That looks marvelous - and that pinnace looks dead straight to me!
Good morning Heinrich. Thanks. The bow is slightly up but still working out where to tie off the falls.
Ýour Victory looks simply amazing. I am totally In awe of your workmanship and attention to detail.
Good morning Greg. Thank you most kindly.
She's quite the beast! I was just wondering. Is it going to have sails?
Good morning Cpt Sparrow. Nope no sails……
Sorry. WHen I said she is quite the beast I meant it's a big and beautiful ship.
I am in awe.
Nope not all all @dockattner ,Paul knows my sense of humour and I enjoy his banter ROTF. No apology needed.
I was just making a joke at Grant’s expense in response to the question of sails. I’m sorry my lighthearted comment caused you concern. My bad.
No bad Paul, I love it. Many a truer word spoken in jest tho- sails on this complex ship would be a tad out of my skill level.
The small boat on the side gives her a lively look. Well done, Grant.
Regards, Peter
Thanks Peter. I quite enjoy my deviations from kit plans etc. it where the real fun comes in. Saying that a lot of guys depict their ship boats this way. Cheers Grant

View attachment 351463Looking superb as always Grant!

Just tell the guys behind #2 gun top tier to hold fire while you get the launch out ROTF

Seriously though, great work Thumbsup
Good morning Mark. Thanks. Yep, the Pinnace itself lies in from my of Three cannons, one being by the Admirals cabin. If Nelson got annoyed with some crew he could blast them into oblivion ROTF
Cheers Grant

Good morning. I have almost finished this Pinnace in the launch position. I don’t know where to tie off the falls for the tackle tho.

When these boats are launched from the quarter Davits there are two ways they do so.
- for the smaller lighter boats (like the Pinnace) they crew lower the boat from the boat itself.
- for larger heavier boats these are usually launched from the main deck via the complex tackle system as portrait in my Barge being raised. If from the quarter Davits the crew on the quarter deck, often via a block system, lower the boat.

I attempted to have the falls going back to the Pinnace however at this scale did not work. I have temporarily run them under the netting but have no idea where to tie them off.
7A069A2E-1E84-4709-9008-D36A77186A34.jpeg
One or two clearer pics than previous post:
0DDD25A8-7327-457B-AE64-231A6C7559A7.jpeg1FF10B8E-3FAE-4BED-B4ED-6F3D4AA7A683.jpeg
Cheers Grant

As to where to tie off the falls - no idea, my friend. I am sure you will find a plausible solution - you just have to, as the pinnace looks superb in that position!

Grant,
Almost impossible to believe that this is your first build - stunning work on arguably one of the most difficult kits to look perfect - given the thousands of
images of the 1/1 in Southampton - hat's off to you my friend?

As to where to tie off the falls - no idea, my friend. I am sure you will find a plausible solution - you just have to, as the pinnace looks superb in that position!
Good morning Heinrich. Thank you very much. I really do enjoy my “hanging” little boats. Cheers Grant
Grant,
Almost impossible to believe that this is your first build - stunning work on arguably one of the most difficult kits to look perfect - given the thousands of
images of the 1/1 in Southampton - hat's off to you my friend?
Good morning John. Thank you it is much appreciated. It has been a fun journey, nearing its destination now. Cheers Grant

Back