HMS Victory Mantua 1:78 (first build) by Grant Tyler

Merry Christmas and a blessed new year to all of you here on SOS. I will see you all in new year.

I thought I would post a few pictures of the Christmas presents I made for Justin ( 26 years and Ashtyn (23 years). I scratch made these from left over wood, kebab sticks etc so not much detail. I made Ashtyn the Pride of Baltimore (well sort of;)) and Justin Yacht America. Been working on these for some months.
View attachment 277569
View attachment 277570
View attachment 277571View attachment 277572
View attachment 277573
View attachment 277574
WOW and double WOW!! You are an accomplished scratch builder as well. Beautifull ships Grant!!!

Just beautiful Grant! My favorite is the Pride of Baltimore - that hull shape reminds me of the WB! What great Christmas gifts!

Morning guys- thanks for comments- I hope they like them. I agree Heinrich the Pride of Baltimore did come out better.

Yep Paul - My name is Grant and I am an addict.ROTF. After my accident earlier in year I suffered from insomnia- only slept 3-4 hours per night so I just built.Now getting close to 5 hours so still have a few hours per day to play in my shipyard.

Shipyard closed until new year so probably going to have serious withdrawals.....ROTF.

Merry Christmas
Grant

The shipyard is dormant and my pub and pool table back. Always have family and friends over for Christmas Eve -looking forward to the celebration.

Paul I’m having withdrawals alreadyROTF. Oh Paul - see no bubble wrap.

Cheers all and have a brilliant Christmas, festive season or just a well deserved break from the day to day shenanigans which fill our lives.

C86AD847-9B5D-4101-B1EB-B7D0B60D2E72.jpeg

Good morning. Thanks for all the Christmas messages etc. Was good. The great news is one of my clients did some 3D printing for me as a Christmas present. So “chuffed” - SA term for really happy.

I knew the lumps of brass provided where way to big (didn’t fit at all) , what surprised me most is how much out of scale my kit parts are- see red circle.

I snuck away some mornings (been a tour guide and entertainer past few daysROTF) and started painting these. This is my big fear-my biggest weak point for sure (failed attempts at school - probably why I am in venture capital and finance ROTF).

Progress so far - will only carry on after 7th Jan as we are off to Durban for my Moms 80th.

60A5684D-0BC8-4C31-9664-CCCD32B82380.jpeg

I am with you on the painting Grant - same here. That is the single thing that has so far prevented me from building the 7P. Happy New Year to you and your family as well my friend!

The shipyard is dormant and my pub and pool table back. Always have family and friends over for Christmas Eve -looking forward to the celebration.

Paul I’m having withdrawals alreadyROTF. Oh Paul - see no bubble wrap.

Cheers all and have a brilliant Christmas, festive season or just a well deserved break from the day to day shenanigans which fill our lives.

View attachment 277688
Amazing Grant ! Happy New Year to you and your family in SA

Back