L´Amarante 1:36 POF

Hello Vladimir, very precise work as usual.
Thank you for the inspiration and for showing the construction for milling curved lines. I won't keep it in the back of my mind like Uwe did, but will implement it today and tomorrow, as I need it for the next step.

Very nice. have an interest in your frame construction. I used the Hahn method for my frames. I assume you’re doing the Hahn method too. Will your frame joints be accurate to the plan ?? Mine are not because the ( blanks ) I made up have the joints semi random. I’m thinking about either using my frames to make a closed solid hull or scraping it all and starting over completely. Thanks

I’m a little late to the party but will follow along enthusiastically. Excellent work on showing the details of how you proceed. Thank you. As @Tobias said earlier I’m learning a lot from your methods which I plan on implementing on my Le Rochefort effort.

Thank you guys for nice comments:).
In order for the frames to "fit" as precisely as possible on the keel, I used 3 offset holes during milling. This ensures the accuracy of the milling - even so, I had to modify one frame a little.
To Tony P: All the connections of the individual parts of the frames are made exactly according to the plans.
All frames are finished including beveling, so I started nailing. For nailing the frames I used (like Tobias) 0.6 x 0.6 mm brass wire. I was wondering if I should start blackening the head of the bolts like Tobias did. In the end I decided to keep them unblackened for two reasons - the bolts won't be too visible and the hull planking will also use unblackened brass wire.

LA_0091.jpg

LA_0092.jpg

LA_0093.jpg

Thanks to all.
I have a similar jeweler's drawing plate, but I haven't tried it yet. However, I have information from Petr Šimek that the quality of the wire produced in this way does not reach the quality of machine-made wire in terms of square accuracy. That's why I preferred the method of buying an already finished semi-finished product.
I continue with production of hawse timbers.

LA_0094.jpg

LA_0095.jpg

LA_0096.jpg

LA_0097.jpg

LA_0098.jpg

LA_0104.jpg

LA_0105.jpg

LA_0111.jpg

LA_0112.jpg

LA_0113.jpg

LA_0114.jpg

Fantastic work, the arch cost me a lot of nerves.
One question, you closed the holes for the anchor passage again, is there a particular reason for this?

Back