La Belle 1/36 - Plan by Jean Boudriot / myself

The last week i spend a lot of hours to find out the routine of the planking in the inside. Only for one corner.....
For this step i measured the spaces between the clamp and the keelson drawn a pattern on cad. But to mark the frames is very difficult because there is not space inside to work with a pencil and any tools.
So good so far. I will plank only tree or four lines on each side. But for me was important to understand the system behind this work.

1579204427722.png

1579246164396.png

Oliver looking at your template,are you going to cut the planks as straight tapers?Due to the tight curves at the bow,you will have to cut curved tapered planks to avoid excessive edge bending.I have managed to edge bend pear this tight before but it has resulted in severe deformation of the planks cross section and I have ended up discarding the piece.
It may seem obvious but if you can't get in with a pencil,simply saw it to a length that will fit in and resharpen;)

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hallo Oliver,
we can see the huge commitment you are investing in this build - I can not imagine how great will be your next future project.
I think you learn with this model more than others like me with three models - Great to see and my compliments for your enthusiasm :cool:
And I am happy to see your model life in March Thumbsup

Yes @Uwek. Only three lines on every side. Its too much work for poor Oliver. But i need to show whats inside the ship when the model arrive in his case. This way is as well a good support for the interior stuff.
Just a stupid hint - do not forget to remove the pencil marks you made for the planking - I just forgot mine on my section model and realized it very late
Also radieren nicht vergessen !!!

Thanks Uwe. It better one hint to much than one important is missing. I have my eyes on the lines. I have to do a great clean up on the wood before i put the sealing on the surface. The wood is grey and ugly. As well there a any points of glue that i have to remove. I will sand all again to give him a good shape for the last sealing. But this part is faaaaaar away in the future.

Back