many thanks sharing your progress with us - I am looking forward to see all the final results based on your preparations.
One question related to this photo - is it a temporary "table" to get a good basis (correct height) for the adjustments ?
A summary from the week. I have assembled both crotches. The bigger step was the modification from the Jig for the next phase of the construction. This is nescessary to mark the positions from the two masts for the construction from the fore- and mainstep.
Great work Oliver,you have obviously put a lot of thought into how to combat problems of the various stages.These are the first pictures I have seen with something else in the shot to gauge the size of the model.I realise La Belle is a small vessel but didn't quite realise how small your model actually is.
On a different note,may I ask where you got the Aluminium parts from to make your gantry?
The hull has a inside diameter of 11cm on the widest point.
I bought the profiles on ebay. The angels (the connectors, i don´t know the correct term) to connect the profiles on Amazon. Both with the system Nut 8, but the insert from the angel was to big. I adapted it with a file. It makes sense to buy both on the same shop to get parts who fits well together. The quality of the angels isn´t very good. There are a lot of ridges (Gussgrat) from the production. You have to clean this with a file !!! Its important to check the angel of every connection. You need 90 degrees on every joint or the plump line will fall with the error of the angle !!!
The mainmaststep is finished. The Planset and the fotos from the wreck are different in this detail. I followed the wreck. On the way to the foremaststep i have find out that i need a lot of other parts first and i started with the first partition.