La Belle 1/36 - Plan by Jean Boudriot / myself

No Zoltan. With or without error in the origianlplan ,you need time to build a model on CAD. Its my first time and a lot of work was twice or more. The next ship i will do a lot of things different.
This is a good demonstration of different focus and abilities between the generations for a lot of us. Younger ones growing up immersed in CAD and the internet are moving the wave of the future while those of us coming from the pre-computers/CAD era struggle to keep up or just do with what we have and can. Your time in the planning and CAD prep was well spent and I hope enjoyable and not too frustrating. PT-2 (Rich)

haha rich opposite for me im an old fart that grew up with mainframes punch cards tape drives as a programmer then came pcs and I kept up so I love doing cad work it is just most people dont understand that you cant just blast through a design because you using the computer. that you need to make files etc for each and every piece and that takes time and can get tedious. the drawing isnt too bad it is all the prep etc you need before you can draw.

haha rich opposite for me im an old fart that grew up with mainframes punch cards tape drives as a programmer then came pcs and I kept up so I love doing cad work it is just most people dont understand that you cant just blast through a design because you using the computer. that you need to make files etc for each and every piece and that takes time and can get tedious. the drawing isnt too bad it is all the prep etc you need before you can draw.
Yes, I relate to punch cards and tape drives as they were part of our photo interpretation system equipment in 1963 through 66 when we had to use them to direct the output that we wanted from the chain printers for bombing encyclopedias and plotters for mission routes and items of interest. We were using binary ocatdecimal systems for aircraft attitude and location on each frame of photography and on the tapes of the electronic emissions interceptions. Long ago in a life far far away. PT-2 (Rich)

Back