La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette

@Mirek
@Tobias
Thank you very much for your continued interest and kind words.
But thanks also to everyone else for the LIKES.

After some time, a short and unspectacular continuation of my building report:

Equipment of the mizzen royal yard - Vergue de cacatois de perruche
With the outfitting of the mizzen royal yard, the smallest yard of the corvette, this chapter - outfitting the yards - now comes to an end.
The mizzen royal yard of the model has a length of approx. 11.3 cm and a thickness of approx. 2 mm in the middle. The tye has a diameter of 0.25 mm. For the block slings I used ropes with a diameter of 0.25 mm, which were served. The results can be seen in the two pictures:
DSC02007.jpg

DSC02012.jpg

I am currently researching the equipment for the gaff rigging. There are still a lot of details to clarify.
See you soon ...

@Mirek
Thank you for your motivating comment.
I would also like to say thank you for the LIKES.

Completion of the gaff with throat halyard - Corne avec drisse de mat
As already announced, I am currently working on the gaff rigging. To do this, it is necessary to add additional equipment to the gaff. I already made these some time ago. However, in addition to the metal block (signal haylard block) for the flag line on the gaff peak, a sheave for the sheet of the gaff topsail had to be installed, as can be seen in the following picture.
DSC01934_wett.jpg

I also had to fit the jaw of the gaff with a heavy eyebolt.
DSC01936_wett.jpg

This eyebolt, which is under tension, was secured from below with a wedge.
DSC01937_wett.jpg

According to the information available to me (monograph, pictures of the Paris model), the throat halyard of the French corvette looked as follows:
DSC01938_wett.jpg

The twin blocks required for the throad halyard have a length of 5.6 mm. As before, I use real disks for this size. I have also tried to reproduce the block axis as in the original.
DSC01939_wett.jpg

DSC01940_wett.jpg

I will continue soon ...

@Mirek

As already announced, I am currently working on the gaff rigging. To do this, it is necessary to add additional equipment to the gaff. I already made these some time ago. However, in addition to the metal block (signal haylard block) for the flag line on the gaff peak, a sheave for the sheet of the gaff topsail had to be installed, as can be seen in the following picture.
View attachment 454653

View attachment 454654

View attachment 454655

According to the information available to me (monograph, pictures of the Paris model), the throat halyard of the French corvette looked as follows:
View attachment 454656

The twin blocks required for the throad halyard have a length of 5.6 mm. As before, I use real disks for this size. I have also tried to reproduce the block axis as in the original.
View attachment 454657

View attachment 454658

I will continue soon ...
As always impressed for your eye for details, Johann. My respect.
Regards, Peter

@Mirek

View attachment 454653

View attachment 454654

View attachment 454655

View attachment 454656

View attachment 454657

View attachment 454658

I will continue soon ...
Dear Johann
you are doing outstanding work!!!
When I see your beautiful work products, I tell myself this is the horizon I want to reach in our hobby. :)
Your ability to combine uncompromising precision and the most beautiful workmanship that I have seen , make you a master artist and your products art of the highest order

@Kurt Konrath
@Mirek
@dockattner
@Steef66
@Peter Voogt
@shota70

Thank you for your interest and everyone else for the LIKEs.

Continuation: throat halyard – Drisse de mat
We continued with the manufacture of the block strops for the throat halyard. The hook was tied into the lower double block with a thimble. The halyard with a diameter of 0.46 mm (ø 2 mm in the original) was attached to the block strop of the upper block using an eye splice.
I then quickly attached the gaff to the finished throat halyard, as can be seen in the following pictures.

DSC02037.jpg
DSC02035.jpg

To be continued...

Back