La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette

Thanks, yes clear to see that my toughts where right about the equal distance between the deadeyes.

@Frank48

Hello,

thanks for your interest in my log.

But in order not to spread incorrectness here, I clarify that what you show in my report is not generally valid. The binding of the dead-eyes in the shrouds has changed over the years and was also different depending on the nation.

Therefore, what you show in my report definitely does not apply to the La Créole.

See the following picture of the original model from the Musée de la Marine in Paris.
View attachment 287382
Source: Musée national de la Marine
Good evening Arciofo, for pure coriosity, you have some document regarding the evolution of the fixing of bigots, I would be very grateful, Thanks

Hello,
today I would like to present you a new video. It deals with the rigging of the standing rigging of my corvette.
I hope you like it.
not to forget a comment about your video
Great video - showing your amazing work
BRAVO - I can recommend to everybody to take two or three looks (and not only one) into Johanns videos

I wish you a fast recovery and cross all fingers, that no surgery will be necessary
You will need your hands for the final rigging works ....

Hello,
I have to let the model building rest the next time. My metacarpal bone of the right hand is broken. Will probably need surgery, which will be decided tomorrow.
Dear Johann
I wish you a full recovery from the surgery, and that you will return to the routine of your life, building models for the pleasures of life, as soon as possible

Hello colleagues,

Thank you for the recovery wishes. According to the results of yesterday's examination, surgery is now not necessary. I got a new splint. I have to go to the examination again next Tuesday. If everything remains stable, then no surgery will be performed. In about 5 weeks the hand should be fully functional again.

Back