La Salamandre 1:96 - Miniature Arts by xander898

Hi everyone, Thanks to Zoltan Thumbsup . I was finally able to start construction. It is very small indeed, but the challenge is interesting. I also mounted the sanding plates that will help with sanding parts, i'm not sure how to use them anyway :p
IMG_6630.JPGIMG_6631.JPGIMG_6632.JPGIMG_6633.JPG

I am looking forward to see the next working steps on this model
I love this ship - It is a really special and technically highly interesting vessel.

BTW: Will you remove the laser char from the edges?

I am looking forward to see the next working steps on this model
I love this ship - It is a really special and technically highly interesting vessel.

BTW: Will you remove the laser char from the edges?
Of course Uwek, i just mounted the keel temporarily, but I will sand the blackened parts.

I have a question, what is the use of the lines drawn on the couples? (see photo 3)
View attachment 335130View attachment 335131View attachment 335132
I think it is correct - better the lines make for me sense

IMG_6642a.jpg

I tried to make a sketch

43.1 and 43.2 should be fit together - glued with their backsides together, so that you see on both visible sides the sanding lines (ofr bevelling or fairing)
so on 43.1 the red dotted area should be removed and on 43.2. the green dotted area

In the center you see a sketch as a cross section of the sandwhich in appr. height of the waterline (red line)

This form is making also sense close to the stern

In the past I made another sketch showing the two typical ways POF-frames are prepared by manufacturer - I guess your kit is using the way on the bottom

Unbenannt.jpg

So the first would be take both frame halfs out of the sheet and test the fitting with putting them together with both backsides

Thank you Tobias
I don't understand what they are for. just a point in the inner or outer face would not have been enough?
No - you need the given information on the parts - because you have with parts 43.1 and part 43.2 only one double frame which has to be faired on both sides

Hi. I started sanding several frames, the one at the front is the one that needs the most sanding. I need an opinion, to know if I should sand more. I went to the mark line, but I don't know if I did enough. At the back of the frame I sanded a little less, I dare not go all the way down. Thank you.
IMG_6690.JPGIMG_6691.JPGIMG_6692.JPG

Back