LA SALAMANDRE, bomb ketch - POF - (CAF-models, 1/48)

It is gone from the home page.

Go to forum, scroll down to Spin model, which is CAF. There you find it as the first topic.

during thinking about frame 45 I got another idea and made a small project in between

View attachment 36648 View attachment 36649
His name is Mr. Scale and is a surveying master in the yard in scale 1:48.
So whenever it makes sense or also sometimes also if not, I will include this figurin in the photo,
but also for testing the scale correctness of new elements of the ship

These scale correct figurines are printed on the drawings from Jean Boudriot in the ancre publications
View attachment 36650

So tomorrow I will think once more about frame 45.....
Hello Uwe,
I for one believe that having a small scale figure at the correct scale to the ship a person is working on makes a world of difference. These figures should not be seen as figures but rather as a necessary tool in order to see how every aspect of the building process fits from one component to another while ensuring the ratios are correct.
Raymond

During last weekend, I was on a small annual meeting of german modelers, organized by the Arbeitskreis historischer Schiffsbau and the forum Segelschiffsmodellbau.

I had my La Salamandre with me and showed also the possibilities of a chinese quality kit. A lot of friends were positively surprised.

What I want to show you now.......my Salamandre became friends with a french 64-gunner, the Le Fleuron of Joachim.....both in scale 1:64

IMG_24071.jpg

IMG_24081.jpg

and here you can see the proud modeler with his model
Uwe Karl.jpg

Some more photos of the Le Fleuron and several other very interesting ship models of this event you can find here:

Hi Zoltan - will post some pictures, but give me a few days to sort. One to be going on with!
I'ii put them on a different thread, so as not to interfere with this one.View attachment 95284
Ted
Thanks,even though you almost done you can start a log from the beginning and slowly build it up,no time limit and rush

Hi Zoltan - will post some pictures, but give me a few days to sort. One to be going on with!
I'ii put them on a different thread, so as not to interfere with this one.View attachment 95284
Ted
Hallo Ted,
welcome to the our group of modeling friends - I am glad, that you find my building log interesting and I am looking forward to see yours once here in a building log - you will enjoy the built of the Salamandre - it is a very good kit
And like the others already mentioned - Please show us more of your Kingfisher - your model looks great Thumbs-Up

Back