Le Rochefort 1/36 - Build Log by Moreplovac

New "friend" helping with sanding arrived yesterday...

View attachment 451579

No more excuses...

Happy modelling..
My favorite shop tool ROTF! I think you will eventually want an auxiliary 'plate' as the table it a bit too far from the disc. I am using a rectangular metal scraper (doubled-sided) taped to the table that comes with the sander... The variable speed is the bomb!

My favorite shop tool ROTF! I think you will eventually want an auxiliary 'plate' as the table it a bit too far from the disc. I am using a rectangular metal scraper (doubled-sided) taped to the table that comes with the sander... The variable speed is the bomb!
Yes, I do have it ready.... learned from my older sanding disk where a used an aluminum plate with double-side tape (same as you) glued to the table... the gap was about 4mm between table and disk, way to big for our needs...
Variable speed was the most important criteria for this tool.. besides the colour :)

Have two questions for your fine people out there...

How are you cutting those small notches on g2 part?

Rochefort-0064.jpg

I have made few attempts, first accidentally cut extra wood while using milling bits and end of first part ( in red) and not sure how much might be visible at the end..
Second attempt is still kind of OK and it might be used but need to cut those tiny notches..

Rochefort-0063.jpg

The third one is damaged when I drilled too deep a pilot hole to make notches making process a bit easier..

So the question is how did you guys made those tiny notches?

Also, what would be the best way of doing those angle cuts on a1 and a2 parts?I tried to use scrapping method which kind of works fine but would like toklnow is there some better way without investing extra in some equipment, specially angled vise?

Rochefort-0062.jpg

Rochefort-0061.jpg

Happy modelling..

Have two questions for your fine people out there...

How are you cutting those small notches on g2 part?

View attachment 452258

I have made few attempts, first accidentally cut extra wood while using milling bits and end of first part ( in red) and not sure how much might be visible at the end..
Second attempt is still kind of OK and it might be used but need to cut those tiny notches..

View attachment 452259

The third one is damaged when I drilled too deep a pilot hole to make notches making process a bit easier..

So the question is how did you guys made those tiny notches?

Also, what would be the best way of doing those angle cuts on a1 and a2 parts?I tried to use scrapping method which kind of works fine but would like toklnow is there some better way without investing extra in some equipment, specially angled vise?

View attachment 452256

View attachment 452257

Happy modelling..

Back